Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't really intended to talk about the English Teletoon because i'm not subscribe to it anymore for some explainable reasons, but i'm a bit suspicious of the first 3 days of the first week of Teletoon's fall schedule, especially the 9PM-3AM schedule as it is filled with superhero movies (mostly from DC) with the only show on the schedule being Beware the Batman. It look like they want to turn Teletoon at Night into "Superfan Everydays". Alongside that, some of Adult Swim Canada's fall series announced on their Facebook page are not even from Adult Swim US. One show in particular, "Night Sweats" most likely happen to be the series that Corus and the Bite on Mondo joint-venture was planning to run on Teletoon at Night. I don't know if this also have to do with the website as Télétoon la Nuit's website was revamped, but Teletoon at Night's remained the same and i haven't seen any updates either.

So yeah, those are the reasons why i think Teletoon at Night might shut down, it need more proof however.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still no new about Teletoon at Night's fate, but now every remaining Teletoon at Night series will be shown on Adult Swim Canada, plus they will include movies

·
Registered
387 Posts
That is a horrible schedule for [as], how can they show Napoleon Dynamite the TV show (from FOX) on there? With a "new episode" airing every Friday.... that show survived for 6 episodes... great thinking Corus! The other two shows are from FOXs attempt of Late night TV... and quickly got canned and moved to FXX.

How can they bring fugget about it to [as]... that has to be the worst show ever!

Where are all the good [as] show's? Like toonami, Superjail!, Rick and Morty, Black Jesus, the last 5 seasons of ATHF, infomercials.... the lack of programming is astonishing... and I am so thankful, that I subscribed to this lackluster attempt of "Adult Swim" This is disgusting....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Channel Canada was request by Corus to remove the Cartoon Network/Adult Swim schedule, meaning that it might not be the final schedule for this fall.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look like Teletoon at Night will not close dowm after all. They still gonna show Archer and Adult movies, plus they will include Bob's Burgers. But they will probably include action series now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, let's move it to a channel that less people get just to make it like the USA where it's moving from FX to FXX... How about leave it as is and if you rather watch something else, change the channel for half an hour.

I doubt we'll see the Toonami content on Adult Swim or Teletoon at Night anytime soon. The rights are split for many of those shows on the country level instead of the language level, so Corus would have to buy them on their own and can't just get them as part of their deal with Turner/Cartoon Network.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, let's move it to a channel that less people get just to make it like the USA where it's moving from FX to FXX... How about leave it as is and if you rather watch something else, change the channel for half an hour.
Considering that Archer is a simulcast premiere, Teletoon is probably paying a lot for it... maybe too much? Personally, I'd rather see them put that money toward acquiring the AS originals that everyone is demanding. Rick and Morty would probably be a better investment anyway, since its average ratings are substantially higher than what Archer is currently getting in the US. Also, anime rights generally aren't split at the country level. When those get licensed in North America, the distributors obtain both the Canadian and US rights together. This is why anime content usually shows up on Netflix in both Canada and the US simultaneously - they're able to get the North American rights as a whole package. You are correct that Corus wouldn't be able to get those shows through Turner, though - they would have to go direct to distributors like FUNimation and Aniplex. Big obstacle there is that they would have to have some kind of internal interest in the content to do that, and it seems that they don't.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well Teletoon at Night Is Losing Family Guy American Dad! Fugget About It The Awesomes And Futurama To Adult Swim

·
Registered
1 Posts
if they are trying too make teletoon at night into an action block they should show anime like they do in the states in america i heard on their adult swim every saturday at 11 o clock at night (i think that is the time) they show a bunch of anime in a block called toonami so if they are going to make teletoon at night an action block they should bring toonami to canada

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well Teletoon at Night Is Losing Family Guy American Dad! Fugget About It The Awesomes And Futurama To Adult Swim
The difference is that's a show moving from one Corus network to another Corus network. Ever since Corus got 100% control of Teletoon and Cartoon Network, shows have been constantly going back and forth between YTV, Teletoon, Nick, and Cartoon Network/Adult Swim.

Corus is not going to give up the rights to a popular show they still have the rights to air (Archer) to FX or FXX, networks owned by a rival company (Rogers), just for the sake of it being the same as the USA.

i.e. Even though Corus partnered with Disney/ABC Family to launch ABC Spark, Bell Media still has the rights to Pretty Little Liars which was airing on Much at the time and has since moved to M3

And before anyone brings up Family losing Disney programming, the difference there is that the license to the Disney programming is expiring. Even if Corus didn't get the deal, Family and the other DHX Media channels would still have had to drop the Disney programming unless they renewed the deal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if they are trying too make teletoon at night into an action block they should show anime like they do in the states in america i heard on their adult swim every saturday at 11 o clock at night (i think that is the time) they show a bunch of anime in a block called toonami so if they are going to make teletoon at night an action block they should bring toonami to canada
Funny you should mention that... Teletoon actually IS airing some anime on Friday nights: Buddyfight is airing at 7:30pm, Yu-Gi-Oh! ArcV is airing at 8:00pm, and then reairing multiple times throughout the night depending on how long the movie runs. Yes, I know that these are kids shows, but this is also the first time that they have run any anime series in primetime since the station first launched. They're obviously expecting adult viewership, so if you want Teletoon (or Adult Swim) to pursue more adult-targeted anime, I recommend keeping an eye on those programs and spreading the word about them. Judging by their current schedule, Teletoon is clearly in a state of flux. If these YGO and Buddyfight airings do well, it could very well influence their programming decisions moving forward.

·
Registered
1 Posts
More anime is good

I lived down south 15 years ago and was introduced to adult swim and toonami. Still a huge fan of DBZ and gundam wing even now that I'm almost 40. I watch them with my kids. I'm glad telethon at night is getting rid of family guy and American dad. Good shows but they've been seen over and over. Not to mention they are aired on other channels at the same time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
According to Corus's website, Teletoon at Night will move to 10pm. Meaning that the action series running at 9pm are not part of Teletoon at Night actually.

They have done the opposite of Télétoon la Nuit, instead of adding another hour, they remove another hour.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wouldn't it make more sense to have Bob's Burgers instead of The Awesomes on [adult swim] Canada, since TaN has been so heavy of the superhero/action programs as of late? If so, I think TaN could also use a little Samurai Jack in the late hours too, since its out of place with whats on ASC right now

1 - 20 of 44 Posts