Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment I have Bell as my internet provider, and Vonage VoIP and magicJack as my phone providers. Now, I've been planing to got rid of Bell, since their charges for Gb usage are killing me slowly. TekSavvy has a internet plan that's starting to look like a Godsend, but I don't know anyone that has or tried their services. So if anyone has/had any problems with them or if you think their the best internet provider out there. Please let me.

Also on a side note, since I use VoIP does that mean I need a "Dry Loop"? I haven't had a regular phone line for about 2 years now, so would my house already have a "dry Loop" connection install? Though I had Rogers cable internet before and just switched to Bell's DSL internet about 8 months ago, but my VoIP is working just the same as it was with Rogers.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Several threads on Teksavvy already. Here is a good one to start with. IMO Teksavvy is a great ISP with excellent customer support and very competitive pricing. One caveat though, with the advent of UBB (usage based billing) the bandwidth caps may change in the near future.

If you don't have an active land line, you will need the "dry loop" service.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
SandraK, welcome to the forum. We hav emany discussion thread on TekSavvy. Please search on "teksavvy" and you will find them and then ask any additional questions in existing threads.

The term Dry Loop simply means getting internet access without POTS phone service. VoIP works over any type of broadband connection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.