Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yamaha

I don't know about that specific model but I just picked up an RX-V567 this week. It has a bunch of features that were not the ones I bought it for that I really like.
Naming inputs, Direct Mode, HDMI switching when the receiver is in standby mode, naming inputs, Scene setups, YPAO for calibration, and the ease of setup. I had it hooked up, set up, and calibrated in an hour or so.
You do need todo some homework if you want to use it with 3D you need to do your homework, several of the current crop of receivers have to have firmware updates for you to use it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I know this may seem like going backwards, but you could hook up one source with component video. Pick the source with the lowest available resolution and save yourself several hundred bucks. Or you could buy an hdmi switch.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I don't know about that specific model but I just picked up an RX-V567 this week. It has a bunch of features that were not the ones I bought it for that I really like.
Naming inputs, Direct Mode, HDMI switching when the receiver is in standby mode, naming inputs, Scene setups, YPAO for calibration, and the ease of setup. I had it hooked up, set up, and calibrated in an hour or so.
You do need todo some homework if you want to use it with 3D you need to do your homework, several of the current crop of receivers have to have firmware updates for you to use it.
Just be informed that the YPAO on the lower end model are not Parametric EQ anymore.

They've changed from Yamaha Parametric Acoustic Optimizer name to Yamaha Professional Acoustic Optimizer so they can now use both graphic and parametric EQ depending on the price range of the receiver.

I can't remember the exact cutoff point but they start with all graphic, then paramteric with graphic for the centre channel, and at the higher end is parametric for all channels.

·
Banned
181 Posts
I sold my Onyko TX-SR705 and picked up the Onyko TX-SR608.... basically I need more HDMI inputs. For the first time I have purchased in the US for a fraction of the cost that I can get it for in Canada. I have to pick up in the US but it is just a short drive for me, I get it in a few days, with our money almost @ par and the price of receivers in the US way way below what we can get them for in Canada!!! I think it is worth a look if you are close to the border.

·
Banned
181 Posts
Ordered to a ND address just over the border in Neche ND, less than a hours drive from Winnipeg, I am still speechless on the deal, as far as receivers/audio we are so over priced in Canada it is nuts!!!!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.