Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Unless something the AVR230 is broken, stick with it. The other two receivers mentioned might have more features but I'm betting the sound will about the same or worse overall. I'm still using a high end 2001 receiver and loving every minute of it. Don't miss all those new features at all. If you want to get a new receiver, save your money for a real upgrade that will be a big improvement on the AVR230. I'm talking about spending more than $900 on a high end receiver that will be much better in quality, durability, power and features.

I always wonder what I am missing by not having the DD-TrueHD or DTS-MA soundtracks instead.
They are of little use if the receiver does a poor job of delivering the sound to the speakers.

wouldn't mind a receiver that upconverts them to 1080P.
The TV should do a good job of that.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
How about... Get a good quality preamp to feed the direct inputs on the HK. When you are ready to upgrade the HK, get a good quality amp. Then you will have a really good AV system without breaking the bank now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.