Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to significantly reduce a plan, data and/or voice, without incurring any penalties half way through a 3yr contract?

My wife and I have a shared plan with two BlackBerry smartphones. However, I use mine constantly, mostly data, and she doesn't use hers for anything other than the odd phone call. Our plan costs around $150/mo all in.

I would like to completely restructure our plan to better suit how we use our phones? Is this possible?

Ultimately, I would like to drop hers as low as possible, and possibly reduce mine as well, to ride out more of our contract before playing the retention game and moving to the iPhone camp.

This seems easy enough to do, however, I am concerned that there will be some penalty for cutting our bill sharply while under contract? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
You can change your plan 2 times a year at no extra charge, and each change after that is $10. My gf just changed her plan at no extra charge to stabilize her iphone bill so she doesn't incur additional ld and data charges. Just call and ask as that is what it says that on my contract that I signed back in april.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts