Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're moving and the account is under my aunt's name, and at the new house we want it under my name. They aren't giving any good deals for new customers (they want us to pay $60+ more) so we want to move this account over and continue the deals we have on this account, but want to change the ownership. Is this possible? If not, is the following possible?: Starting a new account with rogers, then calling in the next day to move to Bell.. would this give me the same deals I'm getting now or will they happily let me go? Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have your aunt call and either add you on the account to make changes or post a note giving you the ability to make a name change. Or easier still, be there when she calls, have her explain the situation and want to give control to you and then pass the phone over to you.
Ive done this in the past.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is your aunt moving to the new house with you?

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Best bet is to just have her add your name to the account now. Wait a year or two and then remove her name.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We're both moving to two separate houses, and she doesn't want the rogers services at her house so the account is going to get cancelled either way if we can't change the name. Is it possible to add my name and remove hers immediately? And are there any promo's for new customers?

·
Super Moderator
56,506 Posts
New customers can often negotiate a better deal then existing ones. This includes percentage discounts, "free" rentals of PVRs, free packages like the HD Pack, HiFi channels, Movie channels, etc.

Have a look through the previous Rogers pricing threads to see what people have been able to negotiate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts