Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4100 receiver from a few years ago with a smart card. I have a dish and what to know if it is still usable as is. One shop tells me I need a new receiver.(mines hardly used) and another says it is good to go. Help please.
:eek:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The 4100 is still sold by Bell TV, so it should be fine, the only thing will be the Smart Card, if it does not start with S06***, you will need a new card from Bell.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
No problem.

There are way more straight and honest answers on this forum that a hundred calls to Bell.....lol

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
If the Bell CSR gives you any difficulty, just say Rogers has offered you a free PVR in exchange for the 4100. ;)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You will be able to restart your old account with that receiver. 50$ reactivation fee applies, altought lots of agent tend to forget to add it, so you might get away with it. If you go with that option you won't get any new client promotionnal offers, but won't need to sign a contract.

If you rent or buy a new receiver you will be able to benefit from the new client's current promotion, but you will need to sign a 1 year or 2 years contract

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
And most of those straight and honest answers have come from one contributor. Much appreciated Pinza.
Yes, thank-you Pinza.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Make sure you don't pay for the new smartcard. I called Bell back in November to order my sister a new smartcard for her old 3100 and the first agent told me it would cost $75 to get a new smartcard. I told him to forget it. I called back and spoke with someone else and the agent didn't say anything about paying for the new card. Of course I had to send the old one back but that was fine.

·
Registered
373 Posts
There is no need to sign a new 1 or 2 year contract when you buy a new receiver and create a new account.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Unless you want a free installation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts