Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to help a friend pick out a new cell phone and plan. I must admit the packages, add-ons, buzz words etc are quite intimidating these days. She wanted a BB (because her friend had one) so that eliminated quite a few options. I think she ended up picking a plan that does not do what she thought (or was told). She finally got a $40 'social' plan. Unlimited TXT and evenings. Anyway, my el cheapo pre-paid VM phone can send TXT to email accounts. But her new shiny BB Bold cannot. She can FB, twit and chat on Live but emails are a no go. I guess I have a lot more to learn. Another thing I don't understand is why they offer unlimited web browsing for $10 and why would you pay extra to get email access? I am thinking of Gmail or Live mail which are accessed while browsing. I assume they block access to sites like GMail. Or they do not allow you to send email. I have not used POP or IMAP for years. I guess that is what you are paying the extra for.

·
Super Moderator
11,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See now that makes sense to me. I come from a home internet user environment. I understand WWW, VOIP, email and how to send an SMS via email. Just not the complicated cellular plan structures and terms.

What type of phone do you use for that? Also, mind telling me the price? I have no idea what monthly usage would look like in that scenario?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts