Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone out there has experienced problems with their Iron Man DVD?

We bought it, and ran it on our Pioneer DVR 550-H, and about an hour into the movie, it starts to freeze at certain parts. I posted this question elsewhere, and someone said they had the same thing happen on one of their Sony Models. The movie appears to play ok (haven't tried it all the way through) on my older Panasonic DVD player.

I also heard online that there are problems with the Blu-Ray discs (or at least a batch of them). I've contacted Paramount Home Entertainment, but haven't heard back.

Anyone experience the same problem? any solutions?

·
Banned
248 Posts
Life is too short to "debug" DVD playback

DVD's are *well understood* technology at this point... and although its possible there was a screw-up in authoring... it seems pretty unlikely that it would escape to manufacturing... its more likely your particular instance of the disc is screwy...

Take the movie back to the place of purchase, tell them it seems to have trouble playing all the way through, and ask for a replacement. You possibly got a disc with a manufacturing defect... although rare, it does happen.

Happened to me a couple years back three times in a row on the same disc... in my case, there was a visible problem with the disc... it was cloudy in parts. I kept taking it back until I got one that worked... but then of course I worried that the one that finally worked might also eventually fail.

I guess its not unlike when you get a car that is a lemon... sometimes something breaks down in the factory, and quality control doesn't catch it immediately, and some number of defects reach the field.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts