Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently joined shaw and have the 630 HDPVR with the IR/RF 600 remote.

E
We are in our RV Georgia, and I have just discovered that I have left my Remote for the WDTV HDMI box at home. Does anyone know if there is a code I can enter into the IR/RF 600 ao that it can operate the WDTV box?

Thanks,

Wooly

·
Registered
174 Posts
I tried to help by looking at the operating instructions for the 600 remote. I don't know what a WDTV box is, nor is there anything close to that in the TV type listing. What is it??

·
Registered
7 Posts
WDTV

You may be able to scan thru AUX devices on the remote and find one that will operate the WD. Hold down the AUX key until the ligths flash then keep pressing the 'up arrow key' until the WD turns off , then press enter. Good Luck.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, the WDTV box is a nifty little beast that connects to my house LAN (ethernet or WiFi), via HDMI to the TV and via USB to an external Hard Drive. I can download video files from the web or copy DVD's from the computer, send them over the LAN to the HD. Now we are in the RV I just take the WDTV with me and plug it into the TV. If I had the remote I could even wath the videos :mad:

Thanks for the tip on scanning through the AUX, I'll give it a try

Wooly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts