Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying the apps on my Smart TV, I saw they had a Smart IPTV app so decided to try it out.

Found a couple of streams but my TV keeps buffering any content. TV might play the stream for 10 seconds and then buffer for 15 seconds and so on.

Question is this: Is the buffering due to high demand from the net or is it on my end?

I have a switch behind my cabinet that has all the items requiring internet access which is then connected to another switch which finally connects to my router. Would that setup slow it down some or is there something I am missing?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have samsung smart tv and have no problems when streaming, even discovery app streams flawlessly in 4K.
I use wireless connection so I myself am surprised that 4K streams work so good.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no problem streaming apps like Discovery Go but IPTV from around the world is what gives me streaming buffers to the extreme.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have not tried that one yet but from my experience many of the free streams dot work well so most likely the problem is on IPTV side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts