Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have IPTV and just took advantage of the ability to upgrade to Internet MAX. Curious thing is, I'm seeing 2+ MB speeds with the TV receiver turned off. Wondering if other IPTV people who upgraded are also getting this speed?

·
Registered
965 Posts
From a purely hypothetical perspective if you were close enough you could achieve 24Mbps if the line synced at that rate, which would yield 3 megabytes per second. It all depends on your distance and whether your profile has a maximum sync rate on it. Sounds like your profile does not have such a maximum and you are fairly close to the central office.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm getting speeds of between 2.30 and 2.50 MB/s and that is with one receiver turned on. I don't question it and just enjoy my unthrottled and uncapped connection.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kramer. At these speeds, I might not want FiberOp when it goes to my area. NOT. I will get FiberOp when it comes!

·
Registered
121 Posts
What you are seeing is correct. If you turn off all receivers and go to speedtest.net and try the Montreal or new york server you should achieve up to 28 Mbs.. depending on distance to CO. I used to have this setup and was getting the same speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts