Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to get some objective opinions about the 4G iPod. I am in the market for a hard-drive based mp3 player and I have also looked at the iRiver. I have read the media reviews but I was looking for some feedback from the actual users.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Yesterdays Technology section within USA Today compared several of these devices (article is probably online). The IPOD Mini is highly regarded and rated by consumers and professional reviewers.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Dude - get the Mini!!!! Don't even hesitate - GET IT!!!

I've had every generation iPod since the original 5Gb with the wheel that actually moved, and bought my wife a mini for an anniversary present (she also has a regular 20GB that was practically free when she got her Powerbook).

Reason #1 - small size; it's practically weightless - I've borrowed her mini a couple times to go running (don't tell her) and most players I've had on my hip were really annoying - and running at 4:00/km speed, I don't even notice it's there.

Reason #2 - the interface absolutely slays EVERYTHING else out there. Quick, easy, intuitive to do exactly what you want to do.

Reason#3 - On-the-go playlist feature - not sure if others have it, but it's a great innovation

Reason #4 - A few colours to choose from (the pink is probably the best looking in person - no I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that:)), and after that, I have to say the green (and I'm not big on green). I thought the silver or blue would be my favourites, but they just don't do it for me.

Reason #5: As a few of my friends have found out, you will get other music players, but you will STOP getting "other" players once you get an iPod (after you get the iPod, you just upgrade the iPod)

Disclaimer: I have absolutely nothing to do with Apple, apart from helping keep them in business with my iPod addiction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts