Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since upgrading 2nd generation iPod touch to OS4 I'm having trouble downloading podcast directly to it over the WiFi. I pretty much only download podcasts from CBC Radio3 so I'm not sure about others. What I encounter is "podcast name" cannot be played on this iPod. These are podcasts I've downloaded in the past with OS3 with no problem. The other part of this is I can download the podcast with iTunes to my PC, transfer to the iPod and play it with out any issues.
Has anyone here encountered this, do you think this is an OS4 or podcast problem. I sent a customer contact message to both CBC & Apple with no response (not unexpected), contacting Apple appears to have a charge, is worth paying or just going back to OS3. OS3 may be the best option, seeing as 2nd Gen iPod touch doesn't support multi-tasking and all I really got was grouping apps into folders.
Any help would be great.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
My only advice would be to try to set it back to factory default and reload. Maybe it will clear up the problems.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
just make sure you reboot the ipod

some people were having really wierd issues after upgrading to ios4, that rebooting seemingly fixed

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I restored it to factory, and have rebooted it several times, I still can't download the podcasts directly to the iPod. What I wan't to do now is restore it to the previous OS. Any help on how to do that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I know you can't revert an iPhone because the baseband can't be rolled back, I"m not sure if there's a way to revert a touch.
Does it only fail when you try to stream the podcast as opposed to downloading it? Or can you not even fully download the podcast and play it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't stream it or download it. But when I stream it the error is " This movie format is not supported" It's not a video podcast, but an m4a podcast.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I finally have success. I emailed CBC Radio 3 Web support about 5 weeks back and actually got a response from a person (not the automated Thank you). The person was going to check into it and get back to me. Well I don't know if CBC had any input, but I upgraded to OS 4.1 and all is good now. I would have to think I wasn't the only one, because of the 2 very quick updates for OS4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts