Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaning towards the iPod Touch 8gb for my soon to be 8yr old 's bday in January....

Costs about $70 then the Nintendo DS XL.....

I think it would hold her interest more than the DS..... The kids like Angry Birds... Ohh the 5yr old is going to be soooo jealous.....

8gb should be enough room for multiple apps/games for an 8yr old?

Any input?

P

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, should clarify.... Daughter is about to be 8yrs old....

She wasn't asking for it, my wife wants to get it for her as a bday gift at the beginning of January.....

We have no experience with the DS, so not sure why my wife thinks it would be good as a bday gift....

Kid's more interested in books., she plays webkins games on and off a few times a week....

My wife asked me to look into it,.....

P

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx hugh,

Been an iPhone user for about a year now.... it's been a hit with the 5yr old..... the 5 and 8 yr old share it in the backseat with Angry birds on various road trips to ringette games, or to the cottage etc.

My wife suggested the DS XL, but I'm thinking the ipod touch may have more staying power....

Games are cheaper too....

P

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thx for the input..... I think my wife picked out the iPhone Touch (sold out at Walmart, but found it at FShop). Hopefully it works out ok.

P

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.