Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I updated to iOAS 4.3 and itunes 10.6 yesterday and now I have an itunes that spins continually and my ipod will not sync. I have to do a forced shutdown to close the itunes app.
Also my email app and video app will not work on the ipod. They open but there is nothing inside. yet, Safari opens ok and seems to work ok. Any ideas. is there a way perhaps to restore to my last config? tia for any ideas you may have.
regards, Bill

update: if my ipod is not physically connected to my imac the itunes stops spinning and seems to be ok. The ipod still has no email or music. Lost all that somehow. thx

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've got an iPod Touch 3. I find iTunes frequently hangs when syncing as well. I frequently need to start Task Manager and kill iTunes. I thought it might be an OS thing with Windows 7 x64, so I installed their iTunes x64 version but it didn't help.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Same problem. iPhones, iPad, iPod Touches 3rd Gen, all upgraded to 4.3 and synced fine but the iPod Touch 4 locks up on sync (after upgrading to 4.3). Running the latest version of iTunes on a Mac and it goes to a beach ball and then I need to do a force quit. Problem only effecting the 4th Gen Touch.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thx for the reply's. I have solved the problem, it would seem, by doing a complete restore this morning. So far it seems to have done the trick and all functions are working properly.
If it locks up again I'll post again.
Regards Bill

BTW I'm still running 4.3 iPod and 10.2.1 iTunes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts