Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
price points seem to be the same as the previous gen, so I'm hoping a buddy will buy a touch 4 and I can try it on my vehicle HU interface - if it doesn't work then I'm hoping I can buy a Touch 3 at a reduced rate.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Neither, The truck is a 2004...I actually bought a USA-Spec model interface, it plugs into the rear of my HU where the OEM cd changer is supposed to go (I don't have a cd changer).
It offers an iPod dongle for a line-out connection which includes basic HU control of song selection as well as one additional RCA stereo input.

input selection is provided by the "mode" button on the HU.
If I select disk #6 on the HU, it selects the auxiliary RCA input, if I select Disk #5, then it selects the iPod as the input.

It also charges the iPod when it's plugged in and for up to an hour after the truck is turned off.

Bluetooth will come from my GPS.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
yes - the interface box connects to the HU, and then a dongle connects to the bottom of the 'Touch.
A separate set of RCA's are on the interface box for the line-out on a portable DVD player or a satellite radio unit, or what-have-you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.