Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter's new iTouch that she got for her 8 yr old birthday is a smash hit. Just wondering what games the parents on here recommend for their kids iTouch?

So far, they've had fun with
Angry Birds
Plants vs Zombies.

Cut the rope looks fun, but they haven't tried it yet.

Thx,
P

·
Registered
451 Posts
Angry Birds
Plants vs Zombies.
Cut the rope
All three of those are great fun. But as the difficulty ramps up they might be overly frustrating for an 8 year old.

Heck, I'm a 36 year old Engineer and I'm pulling my hair out half the time on Angry Birds (particularly the seasonal versions). :p

·
Registered
626 Posts
Beware of Games that have 'In App Purchases.' These In App Purchases are for REAL money charged to your iTunes account and can be very expensive. There recently was just such a controversy about the Smurfs' Village game where parents were realizing that their kids were making these In App Purchases and running up bills into the hundreds of dollars.

The first thing you should do is go into the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad settings and disable 'In App Purchases.' Although, I recommend that you avoid games that offer In App Purchases altogether as your kids will be constantly prompted to make purchases to advance in the game quicker. You may find that with the purchases disable your kids may get frustrated and blame you for not having an enjoyable gaming experience.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Fruit Ninja is good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
We have the following:
Pocket chef
AC desert
Oven break
Train yard
superblast
Cut the rope
Monster tn
Superfly
Paper toss
Elf ur face
Bakery story

That should get u started

·
Registered
1 Posts
baby animal world it's a funny game, with lots of colors, and many animals. My niece ,always repeats the sounds after the little cartoons and it makes me laugh

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would also recommend Angry Birds and Jelly Car, both fun, colorful and easy to learn (well, relatively!) I play more complex browser rpgs and my little brother plays Angry Birds, we're both addicted! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts