Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellahs, I want to keep my 10 year old [email protected] address as hundreds of contacts use it and is my primary email, however, I hate having to take my phone out and manually check for new emails because 15 minutes is just too dang long. I could lose 2 contracts in that time! LOL

My previous phone had a 1 minute option but under Other in Mail Accounts, 15 minutes is the minimum.

Do you guys put up with a 15 minute wait?

Thanks for any help! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
You likely don't have your Rogers account set up for IMAP...I read this below after doing a quick search of Google

"Rogers/Yahoo email on an iPhone or iPod touch are fully IMAP, but the problem is the setting are not visible...when setting up the account, you just seletct "Yahoo" mail, and fill in your [email protected], password info etc., and BINGO...imap email."

·
Registered
48 Posts
if you go to Settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendars --> Fetch New Data
Turn Push to on. this should push any new emails to your iphone without the wait.

Now I'm told that this will use up your battery faster.

·
Registered
763 Posts
if you go to Settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendars --> Fetch New Data
Turn Push to on. this should push any new emails to your iphone without the wait.

Now I'm told that this will use up your battery faster.
This will only push mail for those accounts that support push.

On the iPhone you can get push mail using any of these types:
-MobileMe
-Exchange (including Gmail accounts setup using exchange)
-Yahoo

Some services (like Gmail for example) support IMAP_IDLE which does push over IMAP, but the iPhone does not support IMAP_IDLE so if you add an account using IMAP it can only do fetch or manual checks for new email.

You're best bet (like Ripper99 mentioned) would be if Rogers email can be setup using Yahoo option. You'd have good chance of getting push email this way.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you fellas. Setting up the Yahoo option on the iPhone appears to work! Much appreciated. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts