Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I "upgraded" my iPhone 4 to ios 4.2.1, and since then I have had nothing but problems with 3G data - it consistently times out connecting to sites, or is slow to repsond or download to data requests. This is not sporadic but a nearly continuous issue, and happens regardles of which app is trying to connect to the internet. I experienced no similar problems prior to the ios update.

Anyone else experiencing this? I have tried resetting the network settings many times (works fine for a few minutes, but then the problems return). I would like to revert back to the previous ios, but am not sure this is possible. Oh, my carrier is Rogers.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'll assume that you haven't jailbroken your phone.

1) plug in your phone, backup in itunes and then do a clean restore.
After it will ask you if you want to restore from backup, do that.

2) If that doesn't fix it, how old is your sim card? If it's more than a few years old the apple store will probably ask you to try to upgrade it from rogers to see if that fixes it.

3) If it continues and you live near an apple store make a genius bar appointment and have them look at it. If it's a problem they'll just give you a new one.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
guslab98,

I often have data problems with Rogers when I am out. Apps time out or fail to respond. In my case its a failure of the network not the phone.

I would recommend contacting Rogers right away. They sold you the product so they need to confirm that the problem is the phone and not simply a congested network.

Since its an iPhone 4, it should be under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts