Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter either watches or records "Rookie Blue" on Global at 9:00 p.m. Thursday nights. Last Thursday she forgot, so I offered to download and burn it for her, but before doing that I checked Zap2it and saw it was on ABC at 10:00 p.m. tonight, so I told her earlier today she can watch or record it herself. While watching TV about an hour ago, I checked the IPG and it showed a different show, "Castle", at that time, so I called her to see if she knew that. She said she had "Rookie Blue" showing at 10:00 p.m. on her Rogers IPG and had set her DVDR to record it. We're both on Rogers Cable, but she lives in town and I'm just outside, so maybe there's a difference, I thought. She also mentioned that lately a lot of stuff hadn't been showing up on her IPG, but she hadn't rebooted because of the cramped location of her STB. Anyway, I told her I'd download it for her just in case. Meanwhile, just for the hell of it, I rebooted my STB and lo and behold, it now showed "Rookie Blue" at 10:00 p.m. on Channel 6, just like on Zap2it and in the paper!

Has anyone else seen something like this? As far as I could tell, everything else was correct in my IPG before rebooting, except for that one show.

·
Super Moderator
56,558 Posts
The Rogers IPG has had some issues lately and if you don't reboot to get the latest listings (as discussed in the following thread), then the occasional programme may be incorrect. I encountered the same thing with an HDNet programme a few weeks back.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=124352

See post 36 on how to reboot without unplugging using the Quick Start Guide, or a combination of button presses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts