Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was an early adoptor of the iPad and although I love the device for the most part I have a few pet peeves:

Cursor keys - why doesn't it have cursor keys on the keyboard screens. Moving around in text boxes is a pain in the butt! I find it far easier to move around and fix typos on a Blackberry than on an iPad.
Select - selecting text is awkward - why can't you use two fingers to select text.
Slow synch - there is a thread on this.
Customizable keyboards - it would be nice if I could decide what extra keys are on the main screen as sometimes you see the @ sign on the letters screen and somerimes it is on the numbers screen.
Switching accounts in the app store is awkward - perhaps this is on purpose but those of us in Canada who bought an iPad in the US before they went on sale in Canada have set up US based accounts and it isn't so easy to switch between accounts which affects updating apps.
Updating apps - why do I need to supply a password to get a free update for my apps?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Switching accounts in the app store is awkward - perhaps this is on purpose but those of us in Canada who bought an iPad in the US before they went on sale in Canada have set up US based accounts and it isn't so easy to switch between accounts which affects updating apps.
I didn't. And I didn't just for this reason, figuring it would not work to my benefit in the long term - as there was only one username/password field so I assumed one account at a time. Hoping for multiple accounts in the future is well hoping for multiple accounts in the future.

All I missed out on was the Apple apps and iBooks for a couple months but everything else was available on the Canadian app store before the Canadian launch (except Scrabble, which again was worth the wait).

----

Syncing must be a PC issue as I don't have a problem here on my Mac.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
No Clock app with accompanying sleep timer. Which means you can't drift off to sleep listening to a podcast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts