Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to enable my iPad on a 3G network. I've checked the the big 3 providers for their plans. I don't know if the following beast exists or not but if it does, someone here will know.

Is there a plan that allows you to pay up front for a fixed amount of data (say 1 GB) that doesn't have time constraints attached to it. By this I mean that if I buy 1GB of data, I can use it in a week or 2 months or 1 year. When my 1 GB of data is used, then I can buy another GB of data and use it at whatever rate I use it at.

Thanks, M64

Mods, if this isn't in the correct category.....well you know what to do with it:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Unfortunately, just like voice plans, they provide you a limit / month, use it or not. I too would prefer to pay for a block of data and use it when I want to. But I doubt we'll ever see anything like that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
In the US Virgin Mobile offers a 10 day 100MB plan for $10. I'd love to see even something that basic offered up here for times I know I'm going to be away from a reliable wifi connection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Robbers has a $7 for 125mb for 7 days offer. Probably the best you will find, but still terrible. If it didn't expire they would have alot more of my money.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Is there a plan that allows you to pay up front for a fixed amount of data (say 1 GB) that doesn't have time constraints attached to it.
No there is no plan like that in Canada or the United States.

Please search the wireless forums for threads discussing the iPad 3G plans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.