Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CityTV has launched an application that lets you watch shows such as Modern Family, Biggest Loser, Cougar Town and 30 Rock on their Apple iPad.

In addition to shows from its primetime line-up, the Citytv app will also feature off-prime shows such as CityLine and Breakfast Television Toronto.

Additional features of the app include: schedules for CityTV stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg; a notification service that can remind when your favourite show is on; and the ability to share video links on popular social media.

FYI: Shows include ads

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can't find this app on my app store. IS it because i have a US account???

What is the App called? I search Citytv and nothing comes up?????

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only available in Canada

·
Registered
160 Posts
yea i guess that would work, just to grab some canadia content. Once i have it on my IPAD it shouldn't matter what account i am linked to as long as i am on canadian soil, right?

Thanks..

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I don't think the iPad is linked to an account per se, but rather an iTunes install. I usually log into my Canadian account but can log into accounts I've set up for other countries if I need to grab some content not available here.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
yea i guess that would work, just to grab some canadia content. Once i have it on my IPAD it shouldn't matter what account i am linked to as long as i am on canadian soil, right?
Yes, unless you have to upgrade the account as then you will have to log in with the account that originally downloaded the app.

I have both a US and Canadian account that I have used to buy apps on my iPad and frankly it is a pain in the ass having multiple accounts (sidenote - the Kindle handles this much better). But I bought my iPad before they were on sale in Canada so I had to create a US account to be able to download any apps, even free apps. And now I have had to use a Canadian account for some content as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts