Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Family Plan with two phone numbers Voice and Data up to 2 GB data. According to the Rogers website, apart from all those tailored IPAD individualized plans, we can add a self-owned tablet, rocket stick, LTE equipped PC to the existing voice and data plan for $11.95 per month to use the existing voice and data plan. http://www.rogers.com/web/content/dataSharing
After I got my 4G enabled IPAD from Apple Store yesterday, I called Rogers and double check arrangement and the sales person confirmed that. After activation of my iPad, i realized i have to pay $25 per month. I immedeiately call Rogers (and after many frustrating passing around from their various departments) and I was told that the only option of adding device to the Family Plan, is a smart phone, i.e. $25 per month plus tax..It doesn't matter what device it is. My experience spoke of two facts: (1) very poorly trained sales agent in their own services and plans, and very unprofessional service agents to help customers solving a problem of their own making. :( (2) totally unreasonable price plan for adding non-phone devices to the family voice and data plan. $11.95 is available for the individualized plan customers, why not the family plan customers? It is just plain stupid and give reasons for customers look elsewhere (such as Bell and others) for a new service for their devices..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Can't be done unless you have separate data buckets for each line on your family plan so that you can share data with the iPad. Otherwise, you need to be on a tablet data flex plan as the reps mentioned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts