Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
The funny thing about the docking thing is that you are still required to touch "dismiss" on the dialog box. Before I always touched "no" when it asked whether to put it into airplane mode on non-iphone docks because I never had any interference issues. I would have preferred that they removed the warning altogether or had the warning dismiss itself so that I wouldn't have to touch the dialog screen every time it docked.

So I don't see the thinking behind the change as you still have to touch the dialog to close it, and there is no option in the settings to enable airplane mode when docked - they might as well have kept the option so as not to aggravate the people like Hugh who would still like to have the choice.

EDIT: I just found out the dialog box does go away after 5 seconds or so if you don't touch the screen, so never mind lol.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Good reference chart for various iPhone & iPod Touch users:

iOS 4 features by device

Darn, was really looking forward to trying my Bluetooth keyboard with my 3G :(

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well, Apple's own support forums have a lengthy thread regarding people not being able to use the new OS in their vehicles. I would suggest anyone that use's their phone or touch to delay the upgrade till they receive a firmware upgrade from the auto sector for their stereo unit. Here it is, iOs4 upgrade, Now car stereo doesnt work with iphone

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The update has slowed my 3G down to a crawl. Feels like using an old, bogged-down PC. Wish I hadn't updated.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
From what I've heard and read, you pretty much have to do a complete wipe/restore with the 3G (as opposed to simply the "upgrade").

I'd probably re-sync everything as well, instead of reloading a backup. It'll be a pain to put all of the settings into apps, but the speed bump should be worth it.

If you already did all of that, though......ouch?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Nope, just did the upgrade and a (soft?) reset (holding the top + home button until Apple logo appears).

Might try your suggestion, Nuje and/or do some more research into the subject. Oh well, more reason to upgrade to the new iPhone :D

·
Registered
645 Posts
I upgraded my iPod Touch 2G to 4.0 and then used redsn0w to jailbreak. I had enabled multitasking and homescreen wallpaper when jailbreaking but quickly discovered why Apple doesn't support those features on my iPod.

My battery lasted quite a long time without multitasking enabled but after enabling it I'd be lucky to get a complete day out of a charge while just listening to podcasts and some light app usage. The homescreen wallpaper actually wasn't too bad. Things were a little slower but I didn't like the fact that once a background image was chosen it could only be changed to another image and not removed completely (I know I could have used a blank image but why waste resources).

To fix things up all I had to do was run redsn0w again and uncheck the multitasking and wallpaper features while keeping everything else I had set up.

It's amazing that in my case Winterboard and Backgrounder work so much better than Apple's implementation of the same features.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts