Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I'm having issues syncing Contacts and Calendars ever since switching to the 4S from my 3G.

My calendars aren't syncing at all. If I add appointments on my iPhone, for example, they don't show up in iCal. I've tried all the different options: Wi-fi sync, backup to iCloud vs. my computer, etc. Nothing works.

My contact info appears to be duplicating certain things - specifically birthdays - in iCal. And what's up with "Unified Info" - using info that's both on the iPhone as well as iCloud.

I'm obviously not getting the hang of this iCloud thing. On one hand I have too much info (contacts), and not enough on the other (calendars).

Little help? :(

·
Registered
626 Posts
I haven't made the switch to iCloud yet, I'm still using MobileMe and it works the same way.

Generally you want to pick only one way to sync Contact and Calendar data. You either want it to happen using iCloud over-the-air or only when you sync your iPhone with iTunes when you plug it in. Don't do both.

In my case all my syncing is done over-the-air using MobileMe and I will continue to do it that way once I make the switch to iCloud.

The only reason I will have for plugging it into to the computer is to charge the phone and to back it up.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
iOS 5.0.1

Just did the OTA 5.0.1 update.

What a pleasure compared to the old days of tethering to iTunes and downloading half a gig.

This was 39Mb and took only two minutes.

This update contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
• Fixes bugs affecting battery life
• Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
• Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
• Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation

121 - 125 of 125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.