Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had telus installed a week ago. The newest modem was installed. I'm having issues between the modem and my iMac. I think the disconnection is occurring while I download torrents. All my other connected devices work.

I had no issues with Shaw.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Probably another issue with the Actiontec? If you plug your iMac into your ONT, you will have a public IP like a standard non routed modem. Does the issue reoccur then?

Edit: I assumed you were on fibre, if not enable Port 1 bridge and try my test.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you said or suggested. Sorry. But I had a tech install a new modem (t-3200m) this morning. I'll monitor the wifi on my iMac. I wish there was a way to post the errors pics in the forum. My building only has 5ombps.

I think if this keeps happening I'll disable the modems wifi and connect my Apple extreme. Even though I shiuldnt have to.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm thanks. I'm on my iPad. Maybe I can't add a photo in my reply?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,427 Posts
You can choose "User CP" at the top right of the screen. That will take you to your Control panel, where you will find "Pictures & Albums" in the Networking section.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I'll have to attach the pic when I get to my computer. Ipad is weird and doesn't show the whole link to copy. Dumb iPad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts