Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am eligible for the 25mbps internet but have selected for 15. With this "overhead" of speed, if I watch tv, will my internet speed be reduced or will the tv stream(s) take away from the extra 10mbps first?

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you're eligible for 25, then your sync rate will be 32. The TV services come out of the extra 17 megs first, So you will only notice a couple of megs of lost speed, only when you are using all 4 streams.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Telus told me there's no extra cost for the 25Mbps option, if it's available it is part of the Optik package. The maximum # of profiles is what they give you they said so you shouldnt be able to take 15Mbps if 25Mbps is available.

I have 19Mbps line coming in, but when my HDTV is on I get no more than 10Mbps on my internet. 1 HD stream uses 9Mbits???

·
Super Moderator
17,193 Posts
@WetCardboard, there is no extra cost for the 25 Mbps line, but your internet speed is still capped at 15. You can get 25 Mbps internet at an extra cost.

·
Registered
86 Posts
WetCardboard did you get the 25bps option for free? If so what part of the city are you in? I called a while back and I couldnt get it. Maybe I should try again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the informative answers guys!

And yea, i was offered the 25 mbps option at a HIGHER price than 15.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts