Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Internet radio station similar to the Boneyard ?

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  SpitsFanSec108 
#1 ·
My free Sirius trial in my new car is running out in a few days. Of the whole lot, I only really listen to the Boneyard. At $10 + a month for just one station, I don't think I'm going to become a Sirius subscriber.

I am wondering if there are internet radio stations that are similar to the Boneyard ??? I already pay for a 6 GB data plan on my iPhone so I'd rather use my TuneIn Radio app to listen to a good internet radio station.

Any suggestions ?

#3 ·
live365 is another. It has ad supported stations and subscription plans. Slacker radio is also ad supported or subscription and a lot cheaper than SiriusXM for the basic subscription plan.

#4 ·
Add another vote here for Slacker.com. You can either listen to their stations, or create your own. You can have the free account or there's a couple of levels you can upgrade to that allows listening to individual songs on demand and such.

#5 ·
Funny you write about boneyard. In San Fransisco, there is a station that I listen to which is called 107.7 the Bone. Very good selections and they hve a Led Zepplin mini concert almost everyday. They are streaming on the net.

#6 ·
Also if you go into iTunes and look under Radio and you check under Hard/Rock and Metal you will find lots to choose from.

#8 ·
I had not noticed Metallica not playing on Slacker. I guess the other 134 artists in my list makes up for it. I will be getting a VPN subscription soon (likely WiTopia) and will try it then...

edit: Actually, I remember hearing Whiskey In The Jar a week ago or so...

#9 ·
Thanks guys for all the great suggestions. Unfortunately, I don't want ti use any other app than the TuneIn radio app so that limits me a bit but The Bone 107.7, HDRN - Big 80's Metal and Hard Rockin' 80's definitely look like they will fit the bill.

Keep the suggestions coming. The more, the merrier !!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.