Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the country and have Bell DSL. I recently stopped my seasonal service suspension early because I've rushed back from US because of COVID-19. Anyway I can access most sites but some that I use regularly I get:

ACTION REQUIRED!

At the request of the account holder, Internet service is temporarily suspended.

If you are the account holder and you would like to reactivate your Bell Internet service, please call 310-SURF (310-7873).

Once your service has been reactivated by a Bell representative, you will need to turn your modem off and wait for 30 seconds before turning it back on to access the Internet.

Seems that I'm partially suspended. 310-BELL I couldn't get through. Suggestions?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sounds stupid but have you cleanly power cycled the modem, router, etc.? I just took my Bell Fibe off suspension and I want to say some stuff worked and some didn't (PVR took 2 reboots I think).

Mine was also un-suspended early, but I always do that in case I want it suspended longer.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - I rebooted modem twice.

I waited 2 hours on hold for 310BELL last night but eventually hung up and went to bed.

Today I tried chat and the agent figured out that they didn't do some step in the reactivation. That meant I could get some sites but not all.

Anyway, it now appears to be working.

yay

·
Registered
390 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. I find there's often something wrong that we can't know or fix. Not just Bell, Rogers and Comcast too.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts