Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using my secondary (Telus) backup internet because my Shaw is down. Yesterday, my signal was weak so I installed an amplifier with the brand Nexxtech (Digital broadband amplifier) and attached a 4-way BGI splitter and now everything works except the internet. Solutions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
How do you know your signal was weak? You should call in for a service call, and if needed, the tech will install a better quality amplifier for free and balance the signal properly for the internet.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
If the Amp is 1-way then it will not allow internet, phone or digital service to work properly. Sometimes the best thing to do is let Shaw come aout and determine if an Amp is needed and they will provide one free of charge. Often splitters can be reconfigured or something outside can be corrected to improve signals eliminating the need for an amp all together.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried it again

I just unhooked and re-hooked everything back up and now it's working again! Thanks everyone! The amp is here to stay!

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I don't like random strangers in my house.
If you have a problem with your TV, phone, internet, appliance, heating etc., some "random stranger" may be the only way to get it resolved. Also, please bear in mind that any changes you make to the cable, if not done properly, might also result in problems for others.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I don't like random strangers in my house.
They are not random strangers. They are professional service people that represent a major service provider. OTOH, I wouldn't let a cable amplifier from The Source in my house. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
a one way amp will allow return feeds through it, it just won't boost them. At least the FREE one's that shaw would install do. And not wanting "random" strangers in your house has cost you a totally uneccessary expense since the random stranger installer would have had your internet working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts