Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am only going OTA so I don't have to upgrade my shaw service to HD and so I can watch hockey and NFL games in HD. I wouldn't dream of giving up my cable subscription, although I am only paying $20 a month for both cable and internet. It was supposed to only be for the first 6 months, but I keep on threateing to leave. I just have to phone every 6 months and I am set.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am only going OTA so I don't have to upgrade my shaw service to HD and so I can watch hockey and NFL games in HD. I wouldn't dream of giving up my cable subscription, although I am only paying $20 a month for both cable and internet. It was supposed to only be for the first 6 months, but I keep on threateing to leave. I just have to phone every 6 months and I am set.
Internet and cable for $20???

What planet are you on? Who's the provider and what kind of service do you have? I can't even get basic internet or cable separately for under $20

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
$20/month, I would like to see some proof of that as I don't buy it and I don't think many here would buy it either. Most providers seem to charge way more than that for their so-called deals although that generally also includes phone service on top of internet and tv.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Guys, he even said that it was supposed to be a 6 month intro offer, but he keeps on threatening to leave. Most likely a rickety provider, that has a very small share of the market (like Mountains Source), and are just trying to keep what they can.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Telus has a $10-$10-$10 offer (television, Internet, & phone) for 12 months, which includes about 300 minutes of free long-distance a month. The television includes some HD channels.

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts
My guess is the OP lives in a Novus Cable area of Vancouver and this predatory pricing is the reason for his cheap cheap rates.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The only time I've ever seen the $9.95 for cable and internet is for introductory offers, and even then it's not a year round thing. I've never seen someone receive a 'save' promotion at $9.95 repeatedly, even in the Novus areas. I call shenanigans.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Right now I pay $30 for all 3 services with Shaw so he certainly could be getting this deal, it is quite far fetched that Shaw would keep extending it for him though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.