Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Maybe Shaw Guru can confirm or deny, but this was posted on another site.

"[BC] Shaw April 2011 Rate Increase - Internal Documents
***Here is ALL internal info available to Shaw employees about the new rate increase April 2011. I attached the actual PDF that breaks down the increases per package, a photo of what your bill will look like to explain and all the info about what they expect employees to say to the FAQ***

April 1, 2011 Rate Adjustment
Customer Care Pit Session Information- Residential

On April 1, 2011, Shaw will implement new Residential rates.
Rate Adjustment Overview
Residential

Basic Cable +$2.00
High Speed Lite +$2.00
High Speed +$2.00
Extreme +$2.00

Rate Adjustment Overview
Commercial

Basic Cable +$2.00
Entrepreneur +$2.00
Entrepreneur+Extreme +$2.00
SOHO +$2.00 SOHO+Extreme +$2.00
Business +$2.00
POS +$2.00
POS Reseller +$2.00
High Speed +$2.00

A rate increase provides us with a valuable opportunity to re-sell the value of our services and educate our customers with all our latest new offerings

When handling rate increase calls, please take a few moments to ensure the person you are speaking with is a Shaw customer and you have their account open. Keep in mind that some callers could be from the press or from a competitor
As per our standard practice, all media calls are to be directed to Peter Bissonnette’s office at (403)750-4500.
Conversation Points

·
Registered
21 Posts
How about Rate Decrease

Everything costs more, not just in BC either. So far fuel went up so did taxes and hydro wants 10% more for three years running (30%) and lets not forget the gordo cambell carbon tax. Why doesnt Shaw recognize that to win even more customers from the other providers a decrease in rates for 2011 would go over much better, I got a $10.00 discount per month for my internet for one year because they cannot acheive what they promised being 15mbps. And Shaw wants more money, not a good way to treat customer loyalty.
If Shaw shows me the infrastructure investment in my neighbourhood I will agree to the increase but only then, in the meantime the one time loyalty care service adjustment needs to be applied.

PS my 15mbps internet speed usally runs at 3-7mbps during daylight hours, and only a little higher in the wee hours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
it was posted on Shaw's facebook discussion board numerous times and deleted without explanation... if it was fake wouldnt a message from Shaw saying its fake be posted instead of deleting it?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Of all the counter reasoning provided for the CSR's, mine is simple. Go all digitial already - they can already have an all digital option on the boxes. Go all digitial , charge me for the channels I want (and no more). Don't increase my rate due to the new channels - not interested in any of them. Save some money and dump VOD.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
This was posted on another forum, but how can we determine it's accuracy?
Well, you could call Shaw's support line, ask one of the listed questions and see if you get the prescribed answer to it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
According to their Facebook staff it's official. See http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=151441184886657&topic=459

"This document has not yet been released to front line staff members, who are currently unprepared to handle calls of this type. In order to best serve our customers, we must let our staff know of these changes before they are released as public information.
We are fully prepared to announce these changes once our customer service team is aware.
There will be more information Thursday, and will be able to answer further questions at that time."

·
Registered
462 Posts
Wow it seems like we get a rate increase every 3 months now. the rate increase are running at 5 to 10 percent of the rate of inflation!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Rate Increase...

:confused:

Basic Cable +2$ (about 5%) - Channels added to basic cable since last increase?

Internet +2$ (about 5%) - Did speeds increase since last increase?

I just dropped some Shaw TV channels to get a handle on my ever-increasing Shaw bill so count me as not impressed. :mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
How long before a mass exodus to Telus? I hate Telus as much as the next guy but man it's getting very very very very tempting. They no caps and are cheaper and better so what's the shaw advantage other than customer service which is not that great anyway?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm trialling Telus Internet... It's slower, but I think it works well enough that I might just take the plunge. Being a Shaw customer lately has been difficult.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Combine this with the UBB scrutiny and it becomes a PR nightmare. Customers are already up in arms and now this?

Who's in charge of marketing and public relations over there??

·
Registered
737 Posts
They will keep doing this for as long as their profits are healthy. Here in Calgary they know they are top provider. The only cable play in town, fastest internet (for majority), and decent phone (anyone using land line still?).

Sure we can threaten to leave for Telus, but Devil you know is better that Devil you don't know. With all my dealings with Telus (which I'm not customer of any more), they have equal number of bad manners if not more.

Word competition here is "pro forma" only. In this situation we realistically have only two choices. Go back to dark ages, or bend over. They know it, and they use it to the maximum extent.

I have preset dollar limit for their services. When they exceed it I drop something. Sadly, I'm on my last reasonable option to drop. Moviecentral+HBO for $17. At this rate of increase that will happen in next 2-3 years. Once that's gone my only option will be to downgrade services (slower internet, most basic phone service, drop HD), unless something changes by then.

·
Registered
98 Posts
They will keep doing this for as long as their profits are healthy. Here in Calgary they know they are top provider. The only cable play in town, fastest internet (for majority), and decent phone (anyone using land line still?).

Sure we can threaten to leave for Telus, but Devil you know is better that Devil you don't know. With all my dealings with Telus (which I'm not customer of any more), they have equal number of bad manners if not more.

Word competition here is "pro forma" only. In this situation we realistically have only two choices. Go back to dark ages, or bend over. They know it, and they use it to the maximum extent.

I have preset dollar limit for their services. When they exceed it I drop something. Sadly, I'm on my last reasonable option to drop. Moviecentral+HBO for $17. At this rate of increase that will happen in next 2-3 years. Once that's gone my only option will be to downgrade services (slower internet, most basic phone service, drop HD), unless something changes by then.
That is exactly the problem though, people will just keep the service and just keep accepting these increases. After awhile you have to ask yourself how much is enough. I personally will be looking at every alternative option. If I cant find something cheaper I will go without if I have to

·
Registered
507 Posts
A rate increase provides us with a valuable opportunity to re-sell the value of our services and educate our customers with all our latest new offerings
It's statements like this that make me glad I'm no longer in a retail/frontline position. I'd choke on my own bile if I had to deal with this logic on a daily basis.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts