Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with two Antenna broadcasting within proximity to each other.
One is FM radio broadcasting on FM band and the other is a X10 receiver antenna. The FM radio is flooding the X10 input. There is 6 foot between the two antenna. The X10 may be slightly out of spec but the FM Radio should be exact at 87.5.

I am looking for reasonable ideas how to isolate the units. I cannot move them.

Is it possible to broadcast and receive from the same antenna at two different frequencies at the same time?

Ian

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
If the X10 receiver takes a coax input, you should be able to use an FM trap tuned to block 87.5 MHz. Don't know what frequency the X10 uses. You could also try changing the FM frequency.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
The X10 may be slightly out of spec but the FM Radio should be exact at 87.5.
Slightly out of spec would be a big understatement, heh.

To allow the operation of wireless keypads, remote switches, and the like, a radio protocol is also defined. Operating at a frequency of 310 MHz in the U.S. and 433 MHz in European systems, the wireless devices send data packets that are very similar to ordinary X10 power line control packets.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X10_(industry_standard)

What specifically is happening in your case ? Static/Noise/etc on the FM when the x10 device is transmitting ? I would also look to common power line electrical noise.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Could you describe the FM Radio Broadcaster in more detail, such as is it a 50 kW tower next door
or is it a low power module for distributing a local audio source (manufacturer & part number)???

Also mrf and p/n for the X10 device.....

Why can't you move them further apart....cost? physical constraints?

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
ditto.. with the information given the only question that can be answered is:
Is it possible to broadcast and receive from the same antenna at two different frequencies at the same time?
The answer is yes, using a duplexer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts