Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Very interesting. Is eInk limited to b&w or are they working on a full colour version as well?

One thing I can't figure out. In the 26x photo of the iPad, you clearly see the screendoor effect -- both vertical and horizontal lines. However at 400x the horizontal lines "disappera". You can still very clearly see the gape between columns of pixels (vertical lines) but there only appear to be equally-sized gaps between each row of red/gree/blue pixels, and not a wider gap between each group of three rows.

Why is that? Is there some optical illusion based on two of the colours close together (and, of so, which ones)?

·
Super Moderator
11,121 Posts
Actually you can see the vertical lines (pixel gap, I can't remember the technical name) easily and they appear in the 375X version as expected. But the horizontal line you are seeing at 40X is not a pixel gap but the line of green pixels. They just look really pale. Most likely due to the jpeg compression.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I wonder what the new Apple Retina display would Look like under the same microscope? I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that these will make into next years iPad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts