Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall happy with the out come, but presistance is key.

My problem with the average customer service person is they feel the need to explain everything to you 10 times when I understood before they even said anything, they aren't listening to you, feels more like I'm talking to a smart but scripted robot

I had an LG Dare, CDMA phone, not the fastest but it got the job done,
I had a smoking deal with telus, I was getting unlimited basically everything, text, multimedia messaging, web browsing, and email, on 2 phones (both cdma) with a share plan, voicemail, with my fave 5 on both phones, unlimited calling between share phones, and a stack of minutes we never went over on, plus 500mb on an iPad for $120/month plus tax,

LG Dare packed it in when I got weld splatter on the touch screen, needed a new phone, very happy with LG so I ended up with the LG Optimus 1, Telus store guy lied to me, told me it was no different than my old phone plan wise, didn't have to add a data package,

turn out not so much, checked my online account 3 days after I got my phone, $15 in data usage, called telus got it all sorted out, added a data plan for $10/month,

get my bill yesterday, I was getting charged huge my monthly bill was way more, because my phone was not eligible for the previous packages I was getting for no charge, I was now getting charged a lot, way more than if I had any basic bundle,

called telus after an hour on the phone talking to a less than helpful rep, being put on hold several times, my phone bill is only going up $5/month and I now get 100mb of data usage, which will be more than enough for what I use my phone for,

I've heard peoples horror storys with other phone companys,
I find with telus if you can weather the storm of dealing with their customer service, be calm and polite but firm, get them to talk to higher ups,
you'll be happy with the outcome,

oh and I got my phone for $50 with over a year left on my contract

·
Banned
328 Posts
I have been with them for 10 years and TELUS Mobility has treated me amazing. I wouldn't move to Bell or Rogers if you paid me, good to hear a good experience as the hate for TELUS is getting a little old.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had Rogers and Fido, this was years ago, but I'll never go back

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Same with me for telus. I have always found we can come to a compromise if there is an issue with either my fiancé's or my smartphone deals. Not too long ago my fiancé got a pretty big bill so we called them to work out a better plan, which they did, and the made it retroactive so that previously huge bill became normal. Pretty nice I thought.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
little update,

wasn't the happy ending I thought it was, for what ever reason my voicemail all of a sudden didn't work anymore, this was the beginning of February, I was in a hurry so i called, said my voicemail wasn't working, buddy said he'd take care of it, thought nothing of it, telus glitch, not so much

I get my bill and its gone up, again, all the stuff I had previously worked out was not there, other than a few credits I had worked out, I was getting charged for "my email-$5" which is not needed with a data plan, $10 data lite, $15 package 15, which can be combined for $20 on their web site, plus $5 for voicemail which I've never paid for in the 10+ years I've been with telus,

obviously I'm not happy about this, not only are they charging me for services I don't need they aren't even charging the package rate,

I call them and very calmly(i can be a bit of a short fused hot head) explain to them the entire story,

they sorted it all out, I've double checked my account online to make sure everything went through this time,

moral of the story don't always believe what the rep tells you, make sure you follow up,

and I will keep this experience in my back pocket, for the next time I have to negotiate my new term contract

1 - 5 of 5 Posts