Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently aquired a 6 foot c-band dish and have had no problems aiming and finding satellites except for 2... Intelsat 907 57.5W and Telestar 12 15W. are these birds able to be caught from kingston ontario??

thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
57.5 W should be no problem but 15 W is over Europe almost. That one is too low. Do a search for dish pointer and input your "GPS" location in their grid and see what you should be able to pick up.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
27.5 is too low. Unless you have a Km high pole then you might be able....and maybe not.:eek:

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
57.5 W should be no problem but 15 W is over Europe almost. That one is too low. Do a search for dish pointer and input your "GPS" location in their grid and see what you should be able to pick up.
Telstar 12 @ 15W is no problem as long as you are located east of London, ON I get it here in Oakville with no issues on my store's motorized dish. The elevation is pretty low however so you might not able to receive it due to obstacles blocking the signal. As well, if you are not using a motorized dish, you might have to install your dish upside down in order to get it to go low enough. Telstar 12 is also a Ku-Band satellite so make sure you are using the correct LNBF. We recommend using a 36 inch or larger Ku band offset dish as it will be easier to align than a C-Band dish for this satellite.

Intelsat 907 @ 27.5W is also not a problem in the eastern part of the country but again, you might have an issue with some obstacles blocking the signal due to the elevation being 19.8 degrees in Kingston. This is a both a C and Ku band satellite but only the C band side is receivable in North America.

Please note that both of these satellites have multiple regional beams so some channels are only available in Europe while others are only available here in North America.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts