Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Telus Set Top Box with my 1 HDTV feed. If i buy a Telus PVR and connect it where the set top box is will it work? Does it need to be installed by a Telus technician and be programmed?

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you already have a receiver then technically you can replace it with a PVR as there are no physical changes required (no new wiring, etc). The box does need to be registered with Telus though.

However, I don't think Telus supports this kind of self-install yet so they might not want to let you do it. I'm not sure.

I'm assuming that you're on Minvera AND staying with Minerva. Upgrades to Mediaroom definitely require a Telus install.

·
Registered
21 Posts
All boxes require a registration/activation code. PVRs, non-PVRs, Xboxes, etc, all have different codes to identify them as the equipment that they are. This also links it to your billing account for VOD and PPV purchases, as well as aligning your channel subscriptions. You can't just swap them or add them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No... the PVR does not need to be installed by a Telus Technician and programmed by them.

You can't just swap them or add them.
You can add a PVR any time you like...as long as you buy it new from Telus or any of it's affiliates. They will supply the registration code for you to link to your account. No big deal at all.

If you buy the PVR from Craigslist or elsewhere...then buyer beware....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts