Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
2541 - 2551 of 2551 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
After you connect the 9500 you need to go into setup and run a check switch for the receiver to detect what dish you have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had 3 x 9242 and 2 x 6400 (and 3100) for over 10+ years wired to the normal 2 x 4 SW44 cascade ... never had issue with signal via either power inserter on port 1 of the SW44. I decided to re-arrange receivers now that the kids have moved out and regardless of which HD receiver is connected to either power inserter, no signal detected. BUT the 3100 see's both birds on a check switch. Unfortunately, I did not take note when disconnecting the cables which port each receiver was on , but I have methodically made note of connections ...

9242 A or B inputs from any SW44 ports 2-4 either switch works, any port connected to port 1 on either SW44 fails check switch
6400 any port 2-4 on either SW44, but not port 1 on either SW44
3100 works on all ports including power inserter, see's both birds on check switch

What am I missing ?

Update
Found a problem, after power cycle both SW44, found port 1 on the second SW44 (where the power inserter is connected) has no SAT signal, swapped out the power inserter, but still no signal. Not sure why the first SW44 was not working, but power cycle fixed the issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have my bell 9400 hooked up to a portable dish with only one coax coming from dish to receiver and attached to input 2 I have dish locked on 82 but can’t get pvr to record and guide won’t update can I run this as a single tuner to get pvr to work I do get all high def channels in my subscription that I can watch

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
9400 can not be used with a single coax alone. what kind of LNB is installed on your portable dish? if its dish pro plus, you can use single coax with a DPP SEPARATOR into both tuner ports

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a bell 9500 to replace old 9242 receiver. I currently have legacy lnb’s feeding into sw44. Do I need to swap out to dpp lnb and then simply connect single coax into the hub port?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

My condo building previously had a few subscribers so we have been using a DPP44 switch for years. We only have one subscriber now, so we would like to remove this switch to sell it.

Current setup: Twin DPP LNBF with 2 cables going into the DPP44 (located in condo management room), then one cable going to the subscriber's receiver.

My question: if I remove the switch and power inserter, and re-connect one cable from the LNBF/dish directly to the cable going to the subscriber's receiver, will the subscriber need to do anything on their side? Or will the signal just continue to flow through in a "transparent" way for them? I would like to proceed without disturbing the subscriber. Can we avoid the "check switch" following the re-connect?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
The subscriber will need to go into setup and do a check switch and save the results.
On the remote press menu, 6,1,1 .
You can not avoid the check switch since the subscriber unit will be looking for the DPP44 which you are removing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Last year my 18 year old 5100 receiver died. Just recently I bought a 9241 to replace it. So far I am unable to tune a signal on the 9241. I don't think my dish has been knocked out of alignment but I'm not sure. I'm thinking of hooking the 5100 back up just to see if it can pull even a little bit of a signal.

Is my 9241 compatible with the dish and lnb that has served my 5100 for the past eight years? Do I need to replace the dish? One of the times I moved the guy who did the install told me that the dish I had that I planned to use with the 5100 was not compatible with it. He installed a different dish.

What is going wrong here that I'm not comprehending?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Did you do a check switch?
Also the 9241 has 2 tuners so you will need 2 cables from the dish.
You probably need new LNB to get the HD channels.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Yeah what Jdevlin said, what kind of LNB do you have? is it legacy? you might as well upgrade it to a DPP Twin, DPP Twin is the way to go, one cable can feed 2 tuners. and the switch is built into the LNB so the wiring is a lot cleaner and neater. Then all you need is a DPP Separator coming off the one coax to feed both inputs on the back of the 9241

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
I agree, the 9241 requires a different dish and LNB, and possibly new wiring than the 5100 to work correctly. To use an existing single coax with a 9241, the minimum would be an oval dish with a DPP LNB and a DPP separator at the receiver. To use an existing oval dish with two legacy LNBs, a 4x4 switch and two coaxes would be required.

2541 - 2551 of 2551 Posts