Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
2521 - 2540 of 2551 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes you have to save after a check switch.
Is the hybrid solo hub needed to connect the LNB to the receiver? And if you check switch and it only shows sat 82 and no 91 is there something else I can do to troubleshoot? Could it be connected to quad LNB wrong?

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Seeing only one satellite can be indicative of several things. They include incorrect installation, a misaligned dish, a bad RG6 cable connection, a defective LNB, a defective switch, a defective receiver or another defective component. It usually takes some troubleshooting to isolate the issue.

This might help: The "Hopper" is the Bell 9500 and the "Joey" is a Bell 7500.

If there is any other existing equipment, such as switches, bypass them for now. They may be incompatible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seeing only one satellite can be indicative of several things. They include incorrect installation, a misaligned dish, a bad RG6 cable connection, a defective LNB, a defective switch, a defective receiver or another defective component. It usually takes some troubleshooting to isolate the issue.

This might help: The "Hopper" is the Bell 9500 and the "Joey" is a Bell 7500.

If there is any other existing equipment, such as switches, bypass them for now. They may be incompatible.
Can I bypass the solo hub or is it required?? I think that may be the defective piece on this system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can I bypass the solo hub or is it required?? I think that may be the defective piece on this system.
When I use a straight coax and remove switch it still finds 91. Could the LNB be switched back to my 2 double ports and just remove the quad LNB? Would that work with the 9500? Or do I need the Quad? I think my LNB may be faulty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there, I'm super new to this!

My dish has 2 single Lnbs, and I have a sw44 switch. When I run a check switch it only finds the satellite 82 (which is at 98 percent strength).

Do I need to install another dish, or can this dish pick up both satellites at the sametime.

Cause my 9242 receiver works, it just wont download the guide, or let me record.

thank you

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Your dish can get both satellites if aimed properly. One of the LNB could be defective. Swap the positions on the dish and see if that makes a difference.
It could also be a defective cable to the one LNB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to use the 9400 with a self pointing dish that only will pick up sat 91. Bell said this receiver will work with just one satellite but I can’t figure it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can SW44 replace a DP44 switch or will the receiver know the difference?
I've looked through many of the threads and can't see anything that would answer this
Thanks

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
It is not a direct replacement. It can replace it but you will need a check switch and if any of your receivers have separators they will no longer work. You will need two cables.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Trying to run a 9400 and a 6400 using 2 of the 4 lines from the quad LNB. The 9400 has failed to pick up any signal at all from the start. The 6400 showed green for both satellites and had climbed to 92% signal then dropped back to 0. A check switch on either gives the "less satellites than originally detected" error. I tried running one of the lines into a 3100 and it gets 0 signal. This is where it got weird. It's definitely the quad LNB, Bell tech support verified that for me. But if I run 2 of the lines into an SW21 (which I realize should not be required) and connect that, the 3100 gets 100% signal and is solid as a rock. The two HD recievers still get nothing. I know for sure they both work, I got them from a friend and saw them working at his house before I bought them. Both are verified removed from his account and added to mine.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Def a strange problem

The check switch screen should detect which lnb you have and show the name, what name does it say?

try disconnecting all the coax from your receivers do a check switch and SAVE the results yes it will show an error, but then connect the coax back and do another check switch and see if it helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Currently have Bell Dish DPP twin LNB with one 9400, how do I add another 9400. 2 cables from DPP twin LNB then it combines to one cable into the house. Where do I split the single cable into the house for 2 PVRs

Is there a sticky somewhere for a setup similar to this setup?

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Hi allanjoy,

Basically Both cable lines come off the dish and into your house, in one room where you have the 9400, you would need to bring ONE of those Coax lines, and connect it to a a DPP Separator then connect the Separator to both inputs on your 9400.

on the NEW 9400 you are wishing to add to your setup, you do the same thing except you get the OTHER coax coming from the dish, and route THAT wire to your SECOND 9400, and again like before, you would connect it to a DPP Separator and then to both inputs on your receiver. Nothing to split

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi allanjoy,Basically Both cable lines come off the dish and into your house, in one room where you have the 9400, you would need to bring ONE of those Coax lines, and connect it to a a DPP Separator then connect the Separator to both inputs on your 9400.
ok, got it figured out, thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Bell Satellite hooked up at our summer cottage. The area is very wooded and we can only get line of sight to Nimiq 82. As a result we only have HD channels (above 800), This works reasonably well for the rest of the season last year.

What we are having an issue is that the receiver continues to search for Nimiq 91. And they receiver gets stuck looking for it when we have a very strong signal on 82. Is there a way for the receiver to default and only look for Nimiq 82?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just moved to another home. Have two HD recvrs hooked up, a 9242 and a 6400. Using a switch 44, same one I had at the other house. I'm getting 95% plus on 82 and 91 on the 6400 rcvr but only getting about 60% on the 9242 for 82 and 92. Checked all that I know, power inserter input is from line 1 out of switch 44. I switched the cables I'm stumped. I removed both cables from the 9242 and tried each one on the 6400 and both cables have good signal, 95% +.
Did a synchronization just in case, factory reset, hard reset on rcvr, check switch and it is detecting sw 44. Help please, TYIA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! New to bell satellite!!! Recently had Bell satellite set up at home, one 9500 receiver and a 7500 both working at home, rented a third receiver to bring to the cottage, it is a 9500. I also bought a new dish and cable to match the dish at home. Set up the new dish ran the cable directly to the reciever. Powered every thing up. Now all I get is switch errors?? Did the obvious unplug, power down, disconnect, reconnect, run tests same thing happens? Not sure what to try now or what can fix this?
I would appreciate any help, I am new to satellite but not a complete dumb ass, just want some TV at the cottage.
Thanks

2521 - 2540 of 2551 Posts