Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2521 - 2528 of 2528 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes you have to save after a check switch.
Is the hybrid solo hub needed to connect the LNB to the receiver? And if you check switch and it only shows sat 82 and no 91 is there something else I can do to troubleshoot? Could it be connected to quad LNB wrong?

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Seeing only one satellite can be indicative of several things. They include incorrect installation, a misaligned dish, a bad RG6 cable connection, a defective LNB, a defective switch, a defective receiver or another defective component. It usually takes some troubleshooting to isolate the issue.

This might help: The "Hopper" is the Bell 9500 and the "Joey" is a Bell 7500.

If there is any other existing equipment, such as switches, bypass them for now. They may be incompatible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seeing only one satellite can be indicative of several things. They include incorrect installation, a misaligned dish, a bad RG6 cable connection, a defective LNB, a defective switch, a defective receiver or another defective component. It usually takes some troubleshooting to isolate the issue.

This might help: The "Hopper" is the Bell 9500 and the "Joey" is a Bell 7500.

If there is any other existing equipment, such as switches, bypass them for now. They may be incompatible.
Can I bypass the solo hub or is it required?? I think that may be the defective piece on this system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can I bypass the solo hub or is it required?? I think that may be the defective piece on this system.
When I use a straight coax and remove switch it still finds 91. Could the LNB be switched back to my 2 double ports and just remove the quad LNB? Would that work with the 9500? Or do I need the Quad? I think my LNB may be faulty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there, I'm super new to this!

My dish has 2 single Lnbs, and I have a sw44 switch. When I run a check switch it only finds the satellite 82 (which is at 98 percent strength).

Do I need to install another dish, or can this dish pick up both satellites at the sametime.

Cause my 9242 receiver works, it just wont download the guide, or let me record.

thank you

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Your dish can get both satellites if aimed properly. One of the LNB could be defective. Swap the positions on the dish and see if that makes a difference.
It could also be a defective cable to the one LNB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to use the 9400 with a self pointing dish that only will pick up sat 91. Bell said this receiver will work with just one satellite but I can’t figure it out.

2521 - 2528 of 2528 Posts