Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
2501 - 2520 of 2545 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is your problem. The separator is only compatible with DPP LNB and switch. You need to update to DPP or run a second line from the SW44.
Ah thanks for that key piece of advice. So the DPPSEP is not compatible with the SW44.
I cannot (easily) run a second line from the SW44 1) the primary reason is that the basement is now finished and 2) I believe I only have 4 lines that can run out of the SW44 with 1 running to the power inserter, 2 of them already running to my main floor 9400, leaving me just 1 for this basement 9400 install.
So that leaves me with updating to DPP. I'm being doing some googling & I am now trying to figure out how easiest to update to the DPP to so that I can use the DPP Separator in my basement 9400. My current LBNFs that are running from the same dish are 1) Dish Network Digital LNBF AK72-3VPE and 2) Dish Network Digital. Those 2 LNBFs are running to my current SW44. My question - can I just swap out my SW44 Switch with a DPP44 Switch and carry on with the DPP separator - OR - do I also need to update my LNB as well?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
You need to swap the LNB and the Switch. The good thing is you should be able to remove the old LNB and install the new DPP LNB without having to re-aim the dish. It will be a straight swap.
The power inserter line can also have a receiver attached to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You need to swap the LNB and the Switch. The good thing is you should be able to remove the old LNB and install the new DPP LNB without having to re-aim the dish. It will be a straight swap.
The power inserter line can also have a receiver attached to it.
Thanks for this. So I'll need to swap out my 2 legacy dual LNBs. I am thinking I should swap those 2 legacy LNBs out & buy 1 DPP QUAD LNB to replace those. I also see that there is a DPP TWIN LNB. I am thinking I should just get the DPP QUAD as it is pretty close in price to the DPP TWIN. Any reason not to go for the DPP QUAD?

I took a look at my power inserter - I see what you mean. There is a line running out - probably to somewhere else in the house that I don't currently have a receiver hooked up to.

·
Super Moderator
56,880 Posts
Please see the following thread on DDP installs:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Thanks for this. So I'll need to swap out my 2 legacy dual LNBs. I am thinking I should swap those 2 legacy LNBs out & buy 1 DPP QUAD LNB to replace those. I also see that there is a DPP TWIN LNB. I am thinking I should just get the DPP QUAD as it is pretty close in price to the DPP TWIN. Any reason not to go for the DPP QUAD?

I took a look at my power inserter - I see what you mean. There is a line running out - probably to somewhere else in the house that I don't currently have a receiver hooked up to.
I would be looking on Kijij. you should be able to find a whole dish for anywhere from free to $40. Just make sure it has a DPP LNB which you can remove and scrap the rest of the dish.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have the following 3 receivers 9500, 9400 and 9241, is the only way to make them work in same house is to use a Quad LNB?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I need to install 30 singal tuner receiver in hotel they have bell receiver i guess 8 dpp44 is fine. My question is how many cables goes from quad or twin lnb to first dpp44 switch. I am confused it will need two or 4? Usually I used two numbers 1 and 2 from dish to switch but now it 8 Switch will be in use. And How many cables goes one switch to second I guess 4? Or anyone has any alternative i want to install one dish and feed 30 receiver?

·
Registered
2 Posts
A few months ago I had to disconnect my cable from the dish and pull it out of the way when I had some trench work done in my yard. Everything was working fine before that. When I reconnected it after about a week, I had no signal. I swapped cables with my OTA antenna to check for damage. The cable that was connected to the satellite worked fine for the antenna, and the antenna cable still got me nothing on the satellite, so there doesn't appear to be an issue with the cable. I tried 2 different SW21 switches, in an addition to the original, with no luck. Another post said to try running the check switch test with no cable connected to the receiver, let it fail, accept the new results, unplug the receiver and restart it with the cable connected. I tried this with all 3 of the switches and still nothing. I bought 2 new LNBs and tried them, but still no luck. Since I saved the results of the failed check switch test, the receiver has not recognized a switch being connected. I've tried bypassing the switch and connecting each of the LNBs directly to the receiver, still nothing. I moved the dish around some trying to get signal during this process, but am fairly confident it's in the right position because I marked the spots it was set at so I could return it to the last known working setup. Am I missing a step somewhere? Is it even possible to try and get a signal if the check switch test keeps coming back as not recognizing a switch connected? Would a factory reset of the receiver make any difference? Is the receiver shot? I'm out of ideas of what could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Model of the receiver?
If the check switch test does not detect the switch or dish then you will not get any signal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are replacing a Bell 9241 with 9500. 2 lines coming from 2 legacy LNB, one for 91 and other for 82 and 2 sw21. What's needed? Splitters, new LNB, Hub? Can't seem to find a drawing with parts shown, what to toss out and what to keep or re-configure

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
You should replace the two LNBs and switch with a DPP double LNB and run the line direct with no switches. You should not have to change the aim. The DPP will directly replace the two singles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased the 9500 as they didn’t have the 9400 which I had been using, and I had to buy a new switch and new quad LNB. I attempted to install the LNB and new switch and can’t get signal. Which is still 100 when old LNB put back in. Can anyone let me know if I need to hook coax up differently. Or if there’s a wiring diagram. For LNB to Switch and switch to receiver. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
i Changed my lnb from the old one to a new one for 3 to 4 receivers
I then directly connected the 4 cables from the lnb to the 3 receivers . Well I was only getting signal to 1 receiver and not all channels .no signal to the others ? Now maybe could it be my connection at the LNB ( had to change one connector) i Was up there for half a day lol I have strong signal 95 but only have sat 91. Nothing for 82. Anyone have any ideas ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
9500 dp Plus Twin setup help

I'm trying to hook a new 9500 Bell PVR up at home with a DP Plus Twin LNB. I'm having issues finding a wiring diagram as I am told I only need one cable from dish to receiver. I had luck with satellite 91 here in Ontario but I require at least 82 but would prefer both. Can anyone shed light on which outputs I should be using on my LNB?

Thanks in advance!
Did you figure out how to hook up the 9500? I am struggling. Would you be able to give me directions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you do a check switch on the receivers after installing the new LNB?
We did that and it only showed one satellite on each port. Same satellite
I have the hybrid solo hub.
Odu to dish
Host to receiver
I removed the power supply switch.
I don’t know what else to try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did. But not sure what that all means lol. It said if u save you can lose channels etc. So I panicked n hit cancel. Do you hit save after the check switch ??

2501 - 2520 of 2545 Posts