Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2481 - 2496 of 2496 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Why havvent you added a separator to the second 9241? Its inexpensive and will give you the most out of your receiver. And yes jdelvin is right. Add a dpp44 switch inbetween the lines and it will give u two more lines out even tho you only need one line run the other for future

·
Registered
3 Posts
You will need both cable from the dish to your DPP44. Then you have four outputs to feed your receivers. You can still use separators at the receivers. You can not use the cable splitter.
You will need a check switch on the receivers after the change.
Thanks jdevlin, sounds like I'll order a DPP44. What do you mean exactly by "You will need a check switch on the receivers"?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why havvent you added a separator to the second 9241? Its inexpensive and will give you the most out of your receiver. And yes jdelvin is right. Add a dpp44 switch inbetween the lines and it will give u two more lines out even tho you only need one line run the other for future
Hi 17671, I simply never got the second separator when I got that receiver, but I have one on order right now. Never too late to do the right thing! I'll definitely order that dpp44 switch as well, it appears to be the best approach for me.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Check switch is a test the receiver does to verify what dish setup you have installed. It is part of the 'point dish' screen - MENU -6-1-1.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought a cabin and trying to hook up a dish it has a single LNB that we have hooked to 91 and we are using a 6131 receiver, we are getting between 93%-97% percent signal on multiple transponders but it says locked, name not acquired, and it download the guide but we are just getting a black screen, wondering what the issue could be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bought a cabin and trying to hook up a dish it has a single LNB that we have hooked to 91 and we are using a 6131 receiver, we are getting between 93%-97% percent signal on multiple transponders but it says locked, name not acquired, and it download the guide but we are just getting a black screen, wondering what the issue could be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have had this issue when I've set up receivers that haven't been used/hooked up to the Sat feed for a while. I'd suggest hooking it up to a dish that is already aimed properly and then synching your programming. Bell will send out a reactivation command to all your receivers. You can also just try synching the programming now too and wait a few hours. It may work then for you.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had this issue when I've set up receivers that haven't been used/hooked up to the Sat feed for a while. I'd suggest hooking it up to a dish that is already aimed properly and then synching your programming. Bell will send out a reactivation command to all your receivers. You can also just try synching the programming now too and wait a few hours. It may work then for you.

Thank you for the reply, but the receiver we are trying was hooked up and being used prior to taking it to the cabin. The guide is loading but just a black picture. Had bell send out a signal to it and it’s been 3 hours and still nothing even though we are locked on now to 97%-100%.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank you for the reply, but the receiver we are trying was hooked up and being used prior to taking it to the cabin. The guide is loading but just a black picture. Had bell send out a signal to it and it’s been 3 hours and still nothing even though we are locked on now to 97%-100%.
Have you tried a check switch yet? If you have one at your other location and not this one that could also be the issue.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Also, the 91 sat just has standard definition channels, so if u are in an HD channel it will not show anything but a black screen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you tried a check switch yet? If you have one at your other location and not this one that could also be the issue.

no switch at the cabin, my parent use this receiver @ their cabin and no switch so not sure if that’s the issue. I’m just wondering now if the lnb is the issue, it has the hook up for 82 and 91 on it, can we just run a feed from 91 or do we need to hook up both and run through a sw22?

·
Registered
98 Posts
no switch at the cabin, my parent use this receiver @ their cabin and no switch so not sure if that’s the issue. I’m just wondering now if the lnb is the issue, it has the hook up for 82 and 91 on it, can we just run a feed from 91 or do we need to hook up both and run through a sw22?
I'm unsure. I don't think you'd need both 82 and 91 feeds but could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I am getting my roof re-shingled. I want to get my dish off the roof. I don't want to make any holes on my roof or any more holes in my wall. Any suggestions on how I could mount my dish?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Mounting the dish depends on your house. Also it does not have to be high up like an antenna. It can be at ground level. I have mine mounted to one of the posts on my deck. Makes for easy cleaning when covered in snow.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Agreed. However, some consideration should be given if you have children as they could bump, twist, pull cables, etc., on the Dish. Mounting it on the top of a fence post (6 feet / 1.8 meters high?) in a quiet area of your yard could work in these situations if the post is study, and near vertical in both planes. (Of course you can shim the mounting bracket but that's adding more effort). You also need to ensure you've got a clear "look" year round at the "Birds" regardless of where you mount the dish.

Good Luck.

2481 - 2496 of 2496 Posts