Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2461 - 2480 of 2511 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which switch do I need

I`m confused on which switch I need for my setup. I currently have a DP twin LNB. But I`m looking to hook up 3 or 4 receivers (3100, 4100, 6131). Now I know I could just switch to a quad LNB and run 4 seperate lines but I only have 2 lines from the dish. Which switch do I need to use and do I need a power inserter (and can that be inside the house or has to be at the dish?). Ultimately I would like to run the 2 lines from the dish to inside my house and then run a line to each receiver. And if it makes a difference the cable run from the dish to house is around 40 feet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good day. Lots of info and wondering if I can get help. I had bell install a Sw44 switch and it’s connected to an aspen multi switch a few years ago. Here’s the breakdown. I have 2 x 3100 receivers at 100% signal strength and 1- 4100 at 100% signal strength. 1- 9242 dual tuner pvr. Tuner 1 is at 67% and tuner 2 is at 70%. Power adapter is connected and has power to the pvr. 1 dish with two separate single Lnb’s. I’d like to send pics of my switch set up but don’t know how. I’ve ordered and waiting for delivery of a Dpp44 switch which sounds like this could correct my signal issue on the pvr dual tuner. Should I get a quad lnb?
Regards,
Luc

·
Super Moderator
56,638 Posts
I've approved your post with the link to one of your pictures. You may edit that post to include the other link, or include it in your next post. When you're in your album there should be instructions on how to copy/paste the URL for the picture, however, it may take a short while for the link to be approved since we need to approve links on the forum for new members.

The picture appears to be a bit "small" but people should be able to decipher what you're doing from your post and the pictures.

·
Super Moderator
56,638 Posts
Unfortunately, I am not an expert on Bell Sat. Until an expert comes along, perhaps you can review a few of the installation stickies in this Bell Installation forum. The first few posts usually contain the relevant information.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So when you say that on this receiver you got 100% signal you have to specify which satellite and which transponder as well, or at least was it even or odd. As for your question first thing to do is to get 4100 and plug it to one of the lines that go to 9242 and see the signal on trasponders 15 and 16 on both sats. In the case it come up 100% or close then the 9242 has some bulged capacitors. In the case signal is 67% ie same as on 9242 then check the connectors and cables, and also plug the cable to another output of sw44. After that see what happens

·
Registered
11 Posts
sorry but i'm too new at this forum stuff. i've tried to post replies but says i have three stored messages.
how do i retrieve those messages and get them to post

·
Super Moderator
56,638 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
DIY Upgrading Setup, help needed

Hi I live in a remote region of Canada and I am on an older Bell satellite setup.
Our receivers are breaking down and the only receiver we can get is the new 9500 Home PVR.

I have some questions about upgrading to DPP Twin LNBF with regard to satellite 82 and 91.
We use two separate satellite dishes, one for 82 and another for 91.

I am thinking that we need two DPP Twins and a DPP44.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
our receiver is toast says bell. We brought another one from home out to the cottage where this happened and hooked it up to the dish out here. When we do the switch test is says Error 836. Should I cancel or save?? I want to hit save but am unsure. What do I do?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
What satellite signal do you get when check signal strength? Do you get both satellite? What model receiver? what version LNB? legacy? dish pro? Any switches in the system?

·
Registered
3 Posts
There were two lnb at home. here there is one. 91. Model 6400 bell. Can get lnb version off this one tomorrow....how do I know what version Thanks

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Check switch will detect fewer satellites since you only have one LNB instead of two. You are fine to press OK on the check switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have a DPP (AK72-BTE) LNB with two RG6 going to my cottage (burried). Each line is connected to a 9241 receiver (one with DP separator, one without). I would like to add a third 9241 receiver (with DP separator), what are my options?

I understand I may need a DPP44 switch? If so, do I simply take one of the RG6 and feed it to the DPP44 as an input and then feed two outputs to my receiver? Does this impact at all the setup of the existing receivers?

Can't I simply use a coaxial splitter (5 - 2050 Mhz) to achieve the same thing?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You will need both cable from the dish to your DPP44. Then you have four outputs to feed your receivers. You can still use separators at the receivers. You can not use the cable splitter.
You will need a check switch on the receivers after the change.

2461 - 2480 of 2511 Posts