Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in late November I had a bell installer come in and hook up 2 new 6141 HD Receivers. I had a 3100 but this unit never had a card. The installer said he wouldn't hook it up as he would have to touch a shaw cable and that he wasn't allowed to do this.
Also he said that he could only hook up the two units that I had purchased with the free install.
I was told on the phone by Bell when I bought the receivers that I could hook up to 4 receivers with the free install.
I called Bell when the installer was here and was told that I could set it so the third receiver could be hooked up when I got a new card.
Well I seen the installer outside by the back bedroom where the 3100 would be connected so I thought that all I would have to do was hook it up with the cable and I would be fine.
Well the card came and when I hooked it up, nothing.
I looked at the dish and there only appears to be two lines coming out of it for the HD receivers.
Has any one else had this issue and what actions did you take?
Thanks,
Gumby64

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Then all you can do is call Bell, if there are note about the 3rd receiver they may do the work for free but if not, expect a minimum of $75 for a Service Call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts