Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Live for a while, and I bought Halo 3 when it came out, but yesterday for some odd reason, when I play Halo 3 for say about 10 minutes or so, the screen goes all red and fuzzy (like a scrambled tv channel), and then the screen just goes black, but you can get some audio, but only for a bit (abuot another 30 sec.). The game itself is in perfect condition, no scratches or anything. When I take the game out, the main xbox dashboard works fine SOMETIMES. Sometimes it too will remain blank with no audio. Any ideas anyone? :confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far that's the way it seems. I tried it again today, and it worked for a full split screen match, but as soon as my friend and I went online, it messed the screen up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If Halo is the only game that causes a black screen, I'd try and get a rental of the game just to try another disc. This way, you can rule out the 360 as the problem. If problem persists with another copy of halo, then my next question is how old is your 360 and have you ever had the RROD happen yet?

Lots of times, it's little issues like these that eventually bricks a 360. I'm on my 3rd 360 and it always started with freeze issue and or picture problem displays before it eventually died on me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought my 360 last December, and this is the first ever issue I've had with it. I've never had any problems with it before. I hope this won't eventually lead to its demise. I was reading some troubleshooting topics on the Microsoft help site. I think I'll try cleaning the HD cache and resetting the display settings - if that doesn't work I'll have to try another copy of Halo 3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts