Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I'm new to forum and I had a question that perhaps omebody could help me with. I am about to purchase a pioneer elite VSX-32 receiver to compliment my new 5.1 speakers. Prior to obtaining the new speakers I used to listen to music on a Pioneer X-Z9 stereo system. I was wondering if I will be able to use the reciever from my X-Z9 as a stand alone cd player or audio component in conjunction with my new reciever. I would appreciate any info someone might have. The link to the stereo system is below.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...nment/AudioComponents/Hi-FiAudio/ci.X-Z9.Kuro

Thanks

Vince

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Does the X-Z9 have some type of audio output? Judging from the link, it does not.

·
Premium Member
9,238 Posts
You should be able to connect analogue audio cables (red white) from the "line out" of this device to any of the analogue inputs on the AVR.
Based on a quick browse of the owner's manual, the only output the X-Z9 has (other than the speaker-level outputs) is the headphone jack.

guate240, you could still connect the X-Z9 to an analogue input on your new receiver using a 1/8" stereo - to - L+R RCA cable, but you'd have to be very careful not to turn up the X-Z9s volume too high.

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
I don't know why people are saying there is no output. The L/R analogue Line outputs are clearly visible on the picture of the back of the unit (near bottom left) and they are described in the OM on pages 11, 12. eljay does provide another option in his post.

I assume that this output would send whatever input you've selected on the X-Z9 - CD, Tuner, etc.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
The specs which make no mention of it and I never said it didn't have them. I asked if they had them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So does this mean It will act like say a straight CD player running in conjunction with the reciever? Also will I still have to be careful with the volume setting? Sorry if these are ignorant questions.

Thanks

Vince

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
If you use the line output (not the headphone output), it'll work just like a CD player and you shouldn't need to worry about the volume setting. You'll need to set the X-Z9 to use the CD setting, not tuner, iPod, etc, if you wish to use the CD portion of this device.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts