Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This post is just an index or summary of links for your specific installation needs.

If you want to learn about the different parts of a dish look here.

For most common Bell installations and Bell approved equipment look here for SW21 and here for SW44.

For lnb's with built in switching requiring no external switch look here for the (DP)twin and (DP)Quad and here for DPP twin lnb

For DP34, DPP33 and DPP44 switches click here for DP34, here for DPP33 and here for DPP44.

For cascading legacy switches (SW44) for 5 or more tuners click here

For cascading DP34 and DPP44 switches for 5 or more tuners/receivers click here.

For people interested in finding out how to backfeed the modulated output from dual tuner receivers on the incoming satellite line click here.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Other noteworthy threads for installation questions.

Remember:

All new threads in this forum are moderated. This means new threads will NOT appear until it has been vetted by a moderator and approved. Posts into existing threads are not moderated and should appear immediately.

This is simply to avoid having a million threads saying "help with my installation". There are lots of threads in this forum that should be relevant to any installation so post into existing threads.

If you have to create a new thread, you can but it may be awhile before its approved and it may be moved into a related existing thread.

NOTE: If you are a new member and your post is not visible, please see New Member and my posts aren't showing up? in our Digital Home Help Forum for more information.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Yes, indeed, very useful information. Seems like many are attempting their own installs but perhaps some shouldn't be. A professional installation should always be done, unless you're certain you can do as good a job or better.

-Mike

P.S. I know the professionals don't always get it right either, but most do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts