Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help.

We purchased a motorola stb back when Shaw Direct was StarChoice. Been running Vista media center with no problems.

I noticed that DIY Canada was added to the lineup but my guide listing never updated in Media Center. I tried downloading new listings, still no updated data. I manually added the channel, so I could watch it through media center, but still not getting program information.

I decided to reinstall my guide. I went to Tasks, Settings, TV, Guide and Set Up Guide Listings and select Canada as the region and entered in my postal code. I select the Shaw Direct Advanced listing for Canada West but none of the channels in the new guide actually match the stb. (for example, the media center guide starts at channel two and the stb box starts around 242)

I have tried entered various postal codes from around the country and still nothing. I have tried every option under the Shaw Direct company.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
If I understand correctly, you are having problems with the Media Center guide, correct?
Early on, when new HD channels were being added to Star Choice at the time, up to 10 HD channels were missing from the MCE eastern guide but were included in the western guide. So try this...

Put in your home postal code but select advanced eastern (I assume you are in the west). The eastern MAY have the channels you want. Microsoft used to have a guide trouble reporting page but I never got a response out of it

As long as you are using your own postal code the times on the guide should match your local time. You wouldn't know the difference except with channels only available in one part of the country, like some of the Movie Networks.

BUT, NOW REREADING YOUR POST, SOUNDS LIKE YOUR STB HAS THE CLASSIC LINEUP, SO YOU MIGHT TRY THAT OPTION

1 - 2 of 2 Posts