Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks:

I'm not sure how many people on this forum listen to the Roz & Mocha show every weekday morning. I tend to flip between 92.5 and 103.5 as the commercials kick in.

Apparently, during the show yesterday (Feb 22nd) they were asking children to go to their parents' bedroom and snoop around and look through stuff in their dresser drawers or night stand drawers and call Kiss 92.5 and tell Roz & Mocha what they found while this phone call is broadcasted on air.

I found it pretty out there that they are influencing kids like this and making them do things that they probably wouldn't do on their own accord. During the show they said that "kids snoop around anyway so we're not doing anything wrong". I completely disagree with this as let's say even if the kids are snooping without their parents' knowledge, they don't really talk to anyone on the radio about it and make it public. Also, what are we teaching our kids by way of this little experiment.

To top it all, during the show this morning (Feb 23rd), they were asking parents to look under the bed/ mattress of their kids and report their findings on the phone call to Kiss 92...

Is there anyone that can make Roz & Mocha and the station in general, tone down a little? I have never heard the "F" word or the Bit%* word on any other station but Kiss 92 during the songs... I'm trying to say that they don't "beep" out these words in the songs they play...

Let me know what you guys think and if anyone else caught the show yesterday and today morning.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
760 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies folks... yes, I'm talking about Feb 22nd and 23rd specifically.

Perhaps I can use the link Exid0r posted and see if there is a way to lodge a new complaint...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Without getting too much into it, the blame lies squarely on the parents. I'm pretty sure that in the morning, the majority of parents (of those listening to this channel) would be tuning in to the channel in the presence of their kids. How do you think foul-mouthed, rude kids get produced?

On another note, standards of decency have pretty much gone out the window. The "f" and "b" words you mention seem to be free form now while the [email protected] and [email protected] words cause songs and books to be banned now which have been in existence for many years.

Yes, make the complaints but I suspect that if this language and bad influence don't translate into poor ratings, they will continue to push the envelope.

On a personal note, the best thing to do is tune out and not listen to the channel. You have the freedom of choice to tune in elsewhere.

·
Registered
228 Posts
haha well just be glad you dont listen to 102.1 the Egde or you might have a heart attack
This is one reason I like 102.1 (although I can't stand the Dean Blundel show), I like listening to music that hasn't been toned down to PC levels...

Anybody ever heard "Everlast - What It's Like" on 103.5? It sounds like you're listening to super mario there are so many bleeps.

·
Registered
390 Posts
This is what happens when bottom-of-the-barrel stations are desperate to pull ratings.

Kiss 92.5 has been dying a slow, painful death since the beginning of time and has yet to gain any kind of market share. Only a matter of time before they flip the formats again.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
A couple of posts removed. Please refrain from foul language.

Please note that substituting a ! for a i or similar devices does not make swearing acceptable.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Sorry, even after rewording my first post, it was still misread.

I had not heard of that morning show so I did a quick search on it. I found a news release that referred to the radio station and the show the OP had posted about.

I posted the link only as background information and I was indeed aware it did not refer to the OP's complaint about the show earlier this week.

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, even after rewording my first post, it was still misread.

I had not heard of that morning show so I did a quick search on it. I found a news release that referred to the radio station and the show the OP had posted about.

I posted the link only as background information and I was indeed aware it did not refer to the OP's complaint about the show earlier this week.

Sorry for the confusion.
Don't worry about it... it was still quite relevant since I have often heard Roz & Mocha talk about stuff that clearly shouldn't be broadcasted over the Radio but with the recent incidents, I had just had enough...

I actually read up on the article you posted and submitted a complaint to CBSC myself!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, Opie and Anthony did this bit about 11 years ago on terrestial radio. They would never get away with it now, even on SiriusXM, the environment sure has changed.

If you're offended, change the channel, it really is that simple. It really is frustrating that there are those out there that consider themselves the judge of what is acceptable to be aired, or that they are the "funny police". Really, there are plenty of choices out there, change the channel.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
i think it has less to do with "changing the channel" (cause frankly the teen who listing isn't going to if its "shocking") and more about trying to maintain a minimum standard of moral conduct.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Kiss 92.5 has been dying a slow, painful death since the beginning of time and has yet to gain any kind of market share. Only a matter of time before they flip the formats again.
I take it that this is your opinion? Just because you don't like, doesnt mean its bad.

I was working in the GTA, and listened to them every morning while there. Personally, I think it's one of the best FM stations in Ontario. This is my opinion, which i'm sure sounds much different than yours. So is your comment an opinion, or a fact? Anything to back it up?

I don't even listen to FM anymore, just stream online radio stations. If I went to work in the GTA again, I'd probably listen to their morning show again. They didnt always have the best topics, or best of their entertainment, but they were fairly amusing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hear you Redzone, but who gets to decide that level of moral conduct? Who decides where that line is? My line is much different than most, and if something bothers me, I stop listening, and I've been making that decision since I was a teen. Believe me, what a kid is hearing on terrestial radio is nothing compared to what they are hearing from their friends or finding on the internet.

I just get sick of hearing about the single complaint that comes into the CRTC, or whatever governing body here or in the United States, and that single complaint generates fines and suspensions, meanwhile, the overwhelming majority of us either enjoy the programming, or change the channel and find something else.

We've become a society of "hall monitors".

·
Registered
438 Posts
I hear you Redzone, but who gets to decide that level of moral conduct? Who decides where that line is? My line is much different than most, and if something bothers me, I stop listening, and I've been making that decision since I was a teen. Believe me, what a kid is hearing on terrestial radio is nothing compared to what they are hearing from their friends or finding on the internet.

I just get sick of hearing about the single complaint that comes into the CRTC, or whatever governing body here or in the United States, and that single complaint generates fines and suspensions, meanwhile, the overwhelming majority of us either enjoy the programming, or change the channel and find something else.

We've become a society of "hall monitors".
If I could give you a +1, thumbs-up or any other sort of approval, I would.

I'm tired of these one-man complaints. If you don't like what you hear, don't listen to it.

Reminds me of this...

·
Registered
326 Posts
+ 1 to DavidT and + 1 to Frank43!

Amen to that!

I find the whole concept of "moral police" to be offensive. Popular songs broadcast on radio, that contained "offensive" words have been around since the 60's (that's more than 40 years, or for generations.)

I raised my two sons on being able to listen/watch whatever I found acceptable to them at their age. I raised my kids when the Simpsons started. I didn't let them watch the show when they were young, but I also didn't complain to the CRTC either. I just simply changed the channel. Today, my grown sons and I enjoy the Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, etc. But there's no way I would allow a young child to watch any of those shows.

My kids were also exposed to the FM radio stations of the 80s and 90s, and heard the "zany morning teams" with their attempts to get ratings. You know what one of my adult sons chooses to listen to today? CBC radio one.

The BEST way to get rid of the "offending" material is to use the power button or channel buttons. As stated way too many times in this thread, what one considers offensive, others don't. If you don't like what you hear or see, you are not forced to watch or listen to it. I find reality TV offensive, when my wife decides to watch American Idol, I walk away.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Without getting too much into it, the blame lies squarely on the parents. I'm pretty sure that in the morning, the majority of parents (of those listening to this channel) would be tuning in to the channel in the presence of their kids. How do you think foul-mouthed, rude kids get produced?

On another note, standards of decency have pretty much gone out the window. The "f" and "b" words you mention seem to be free form now while the [email protected] and [email protected] words cause songs and books to be banned now which have been in existence for many years.

Yes, make the complaints but I suspect that if this language and bad influence don't translate into poor ratings, they will continue to push the envelope.

On a personal note, the best thing to do is tune out and not listen to the channel. You have the freedom of choice to tune in elsewhere.
No, CBSC has rules about not airing the F--k word (any variants) before the 9PM watershed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts